Sign in to follow this  
NUSTAD

E60 Motorsport front bumper getting pulled off all the time........

My wife and I may be muppets........but we have managed to pull the front bumper off the E60 four times. Even really low parking bars are a problem. It goes up without a sound and then when reversing it catches.......

Anyone else have this issue with their E60 Motorsport?

post-2431-0-88900800-1443514932_thumb.jp

We try to avoid but skill is clearly lacking.

• Like 2

I havent done it yet, but i will keep an eye out from now on! 4 times sucks, maybe if you lower it you will tap it going forward instead of ripping it off on the way back out!!! ;)

Did that a couple times with my E46. Has the same issue where the bumper can hook onto things when you reverse.

E92 msport bumper seems better designed underneath so doesn't have this issue, although it's still rather low on mine so I just reverse park all the time so I can park further in without risking my bumper.

Edited by Matth5

Im in an e39 but yeah I caught mine a few times so now just don't let the bumper reach those things, usually means the cars arse is hanging out a bit.

• Like 1

Yup, stop rolling so far forward is the easy answer. Have you still got all your under trays?

Ha this happened to us the other week. Same side pulled off too. But this time it damaged all the paint and slightly creased it. It was a larger than normal bumper destroyer though.

Going in to get repaired next week. It was the first time it has ever caught though. Many years of owning lowered cars has taught me never to park forwards over these pointless things. Momentary lapse by the Mrs parking in the dark one night.

Edited by driftit

Yip, wife did the E61 the week before we toured away for fortnight, pain in the ARSE. meant to have had it properly fixed, still haven't, looks 98% OK though

She is very careful now, so am I as I don't want to hear the ' told you so' speech if I take it off

To err is human, the front is very low

Agreed - Mrs has self identified she needs to reverse into those parks. To add insult she scraped the side on a rock today........#%?€

Yesterday I went to the panel shop to get a quote on my e38 which has some rust from a previous owner dodgy repair and laughed with the guys I wasn't in there to fix the E60. Oh the irony.

• Like 1

is that on a std height carS?When i had the e34 it was motorsport height,which i never had any trouble with,but i would not want to go any lower.

My E46 likes to scrape if I'm not careful, have had lowered cars in the past though so am usually cautious. The stuffed roads in Christchurch though can mean there's a dip right before a judder bar which is a pain.

THe front bumper of my swift wouldnt even clear one of those parking things.... i learn quick :P

It's the cats eyes that get me.

• Like 1

My E31 scrapes on fallen leaves. Reversing into parks is a must.

I don't beleave you.

I apologise for the terrible pun

• Like 2

Really there should be a maximum height these things can be. The ones in my work carpark are fine. Quite low, reflective and they still stop people from driving into the wall.