Sign in to follow this  
APT

Powerflex vs AKG bushes

Currently ive got AKG bushes in my E30 (75D) im looking at replacing the diff bush to powerflex for a softer/street friendly feel.

Any comments on the powerflex brand ?

There's a lot of choice in polybushes. I've been looking at Strongflex, but the UK also has Superflex. There's also some good quality products coming out of Eastern Europe.

When I was researching this a couple months back for when I did my rear end I went with Powerflex, they seemed to be more popular for quality / feel. There was a good thread comparing the top few brands that offer e30 kits and Powerflex was the favourite, of course I can't find it though..

Looks like 75d is the hardest too haha. Powerflexx purple are 80a.

http://www.akgmotorsport.com/materials.php

Edited by e30ftw

Have a look at the Aussie made Super Pro Stuff, I am quite impressed by their E46 FCA bushes.

Used both brands are both are quality...

Edited by Red Dwarf

iv got a delrin one in my new setup, yet to try it but should be good, got it from Kerry at Mosen Euro Parts in Hamilton

Powerflex might be the go on this one, are there any NZ suppliers or do I have to go looking overseas...

I also recommend considering Super Pro, I use and rate their RTAB's and they're available locally.

Im only changing the diff bush at this stage

Oh, they do all bushes (http://www.superpro.com.au/) but I've only used their RTABs.

But you can't go wrong with Powerflex either I hear.

Edited by M3AN

I can only comment on AKG, I have used their Bump steer spacers, rear trailing arm bushes at 85a, which is for road use they have 75d also for race. I have also used their spherical thrust arm bushes and I like their cost/value ratio. Fitments all good. I prefer those modifications recommended by them, over stock.