Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

E39 Telescopic steering moving inwards when unlocking with key remote

As per the title, my recently acquired e39 m5 keeps moving the steering wheel all the way inwards after unlocking the car with the key remote. The steering wheel moves up and down as per normal when turning the ignition on/off.

In DIS I have disabled the seat and mirror setting key memory (used to move the seat and mirrors upon unlocking) but could not find any where where a separate steering wheel position memory can be configured for the key.

Dr Google says this could be a fault with the seat switch (controls the seat movement AND steering wheel) But there are no issues with the seat adjustment. Any one had this kind of issue in their e39? Any ideas?

Interesting. Did you try the second key? Maybe a key memory thing.

Got it sorted.

Used NCS expert to turn off the seat, wheel pos and mirror memory in the car memory section (even though only the steering wheel retracted after i tried disabling this using dis)

Also turned off the selective unlocking for the key remote. (1 press of unlock in key used to only unlock drivers door. 2 presses unlocked everything else).