Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

e28 wheel alignment

So, took the old girl in today to get a wheel alignment done. Both places I went to said that on the e28 you can only adjust the toe and not the camber or caster.

That's got me looking for a camber and caster correction kit for the front and the toe correction kit for the rear. Just curious if there are any other options.

Appreciate everyone's responses.

Regards

It's completely out apparently according to the report.

Camber

Front Left: -1.28 Front Right: -1.13

Caster

Front Left: 7.13 Front Right: 7.51 (within limits)

Toe

Front left: -2.9 Front Right: -4.1

Rear

Toe Left: -1.7mm (that's the only thing out, rest is all good).

Was the car correctly loaded for the alignment and what condition are teh suspension bushes in.

A poked control arm bush in the X5 accounted for .3 degrees difefrence in camber on the front.

If you really want to get it sorted take it to some one who wants to sort it , not just do a wheel alignment by the book.

Thanks for your reply 3pedals. The machine was the Hawkeye laser alignment machine. The workshop just printed the report and didn't charge me as they said it would be unfair as they didn't do anything.

I just put new wheels on it along with some new springs and brake pads and discs. The next step was to go check the alignment. The rear bushes were replaced a year ago and the rest of the suspension seems to be in good order. I had a good look underneath along with couple of friends who are mechanically minded with knowledge of BMWs. I am taking the car on Monday to BM Workshop in Botany.

Edited by Contrails