Sign in to follow this  
matt_297

Another CCC Nav thread

Hi there,

Just got hold on a Jap import 2007 530 LCI with Pro Nav. (CCC system)

I have searched High and low but cannot find a definitive answer for the question I have. So much info out there, but its all not really relating to the HDD in the boot. Anyway...

Just want to know how to update the maps to NZ maps. As I said, Professional nav but the HDD Nav system is in the boot. The only steps I can find is:

Find new Nav update.

Burn to DVD.

Put DVD in the player.

Go into the Nav screen , Let system update.

Is this correct?

I have burnt a 2015 ISO to a DVD and tried it but nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

Edit: I could also be mistaking the Pro version for the High version. Someone told me that the High is the one in the boot?

Edited by matt_297

Nup definitely not. There will be naff all information out there as it is a Jap car with Jap specific nav & useless anywhere else in the world.

It requires hardware change & reprogramming.

Contact Joe @ Euro Surgeon to convert it for you

+1 as Grant said.

We Replaced Nav/ radio module about $700 and it's worth every cent, you won't regret it.

Hi there,

Just got hold on a Jap import 2007 530 LCI with Pro Nav. (CCC system)

I have searched High and low but cannot find a definitive answer for the question I have. So much info out there, but its all not really relating to the HDD in the boot. Anyway...

Just want to know how to update the maps to NZ maps. As I said, Professional nav but the HDD Nav system is in the boot. The only steps I can find is:

Find new Nav update.

Burn to DVD.

Put DVD in the player.

Go into the Nav screen , Let system update.

Is this correct?

I have burnt a 2015 ISO to a DVD and tried it but nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

Edit: I could also be mistaking the Pro version for the High version. Someone told me that the High is the one in the boot?

The Jap version is the one in the boot. Euro spec is completely different.

In the earlier ibus cars (which I can convert) the nav units are all in the boot/back but they are either Jap or Euro spec units.

As I have mentioned - talk to Joe

Wow. So not really a money saving idea on BMWs part, making the idrive/nav different hardware from region to region. Being a Mechanic by trade, I though it Would have been easier and cheaper to make one generic unit and just program it to suit Japan, ND etc. I'll give the above a call. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

It is Japan that alienates itself with a totally different Nav system to the rest of the world

May have to invest in the changeover. I'm not keen of having usefull things in my car that dont work haha.

Ditto to my thoughts. My car was the first E39 in NZ for the Nav conversion after i bought it into NZ . Was uncharted territory at that time & a sh*t load of research made before completing the conversion.