Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

2008 M3 Coupe Damaged.

Could do with a paint touch up on a few panels etc etc ....darn shame another ///M down.

Engine & driveline are probably salvageable. Not much else though! It wouldn't surprise me if the front quarters are CF, I recall looking at the M6 Brent had a while ago and was astounded at how much CF and aluminium was used in support panels where I was expecting steel.

They just don't build 'em like they used to!!

Would be from the broken oil cooler and radiator so engine could be alright. Be a good doner for the one here with no motor

Damn! Im keen for some M3 suspension gear, mirrors and some interior bits and pieces. Too bad the front and back is toast, mirrors are also gone, wonder what the diff and subframe are like!

Hopefully a wrecker buys it and i can hit them up ;)

Are the front fenders made of plastic?

yes.

At the launch of the car they actually made a big song and dance about this. Got attendees to walk around the car with a magnet, finding which panels were metal etc. Saving weight and all that...

how much do you guys think it will sell for

I just spoke to the guy, he asked me to put a Tender in. So ill make an offer around $6K and see what happens hahaha

Wow, that sucks. Imported and complied mid 2015, and already a write off. looks to be about 85,000km on it.

id say they would be. The passenger compartment looks in decent shape considering. No doubt they need a change of pants and the glass cleaned from their hair though.

can't have been that bad the roofs still on.

• Like 2

So ill make an offer around $6K and see what happens hahaha

You're kidding right?

It is common for the statements to be incorrect on turners as I've found out first hand. "no oil and water" could mean anything so best to call the rep or go see in person, although I highly doubt the coolant system is intact. Stick manual though? Is it a UK? because 85 would mean miles.

You're kidding right?

I'm assuming you mean too high? That tender would seem reasonable to me if not too low.

If you've got the spare cash I'd be at that if not more. Engine and tranny package alone out of that would be a steal for 6k.

Personally wouldn't be posting my tender price on here though...

It is common for the statements to be incorrect on turners as I've found out first hand. "no oil and water" could mean anything so best to call the rep or go see in person, although I highly doubt the coolant system is intact. Stick manual though? Is it a UK? because 85 would mean miles.

Jap import.

If they are not messed up i would love the below off this

Rear Camber Link Left Rear Camber Link Right Front Carrier Left Front Carrier Right Front wheel bearings

Sways + rear diff + carrier + control arms would be cool as well!

Maybe i should buy it :)

If they are not messed up i would love the below off this

Rear Camber Link Left Rear Camber Link Right Front Carrier Left Front Carrier Right Front wheel bearings

Sways + rear diff + carrier + control arms would be cool as well!

Maybe i should buy it :)

Looking at the photos I'd guess all the above parts are toast except the diff. Maybe. Would want to have an expert check the state of the bearings before I put it into another car. Given the state of the left front and rear right corners I would be keeping stress fractures and collapsed rollers in mind regarding the bearings. Sway bars will probably have bent too. Engine looks reasonably unscathed from the photo (God knows what its like underneath though) and one would assume the gearbox is ok.

Good luck to all the interested parties, you'll probably be fighting Ray and Brent for it too! :)

• Like 3

Looking at the photos I'd guess all the above parts are toast except the diff. Maybe. Would want to have an expert check the state of the bearings before I put it into another car. Given the state of the left front and rear right corners I would be keeping stress fractures and collapsed rollers in mind regarding the bearings. Sway bars will probably have bent too. Engine looks reasonably unscathed from the photo (God knows what its like underneath though) and one would assume the gearbox is ok.

Good luck to all the interested parties, you'll probably be fighting Ray and Brent for it too! :)

Yeh it certainly looks this way, i havnt had a chance to go inspect it, hopefully can check it out before the tender but it looks like too much is damaged to make it worth while. Some of the interior would be cool, not worth enough to offset the price though. Zooming in on the pics the front carrier is toast (can see the mount is snapped off) and looks to be a lot damage to the front under carriage.

Not sure you could even swap the motor / gbox even if it is ok, looks like a bunch of wiring harness damage where the front clip was taken out. Also missing keys. Would be good to sell to someone who has blown a motor or box though (doesnt seem common in m3s though).

Strut brace looks would be nice but also looks bent up in the 2nd last pic.

The cowl cover would be cool (makes working on the 335i easier).

Yeh it certainly looks this way, i havnt had a chance to go inspect it, hopefully can check it out before the tender but it looks like too much is damaged to make it worth while. Some of the interior would be cool, not worth enough to offset the price though. Zooming in on the pics the front carrier is toast (can see the mount is snapped off) and looks to be a lot damage to the front under carriage.

Not sure you could even swap the motor / gbox even if it is ok, looks like a bunch of wiring harness damage where the front clip was taken out. Also missing keys. Would be good to sell to someone who has blown a motor or box though (doesnt seem common in m3s though).

Strut brace looks would be nice but also looks bent up in the 2nd last pic.

The cowl cover would be cool (makes working on the 335i easier).

Loom damage is fine, nothing a little time with the soldering iron can't fix. Missing keys are only a problem if you plan to use factory management - I've always wondered how well one of these would run on a Motec. Interior would be good for a retrofit into a much older model - replacing those airbags would be costly!

All said and done it looks like a candidate for an engine & trans swap into an E30/36, but if I were looking for parts for my own E9x I'd be wanting stuff that isn't f***ed