Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

Targa NZ 2015

Hi all,

Well Ive just come back form a successful week of racing over 1000kms over the week that is Targa NZ and Its the longest rally of its kind in the world. Between my wider family we had 5 entries of 4 BMWs (2 E30 M3's one E30 325 and my compact) and one Subaru wrx comming from Australia.

The compact Finished 4th overall out of 60 something cars, my brother Carl finished 3rd in classics, My old man in the M3 had engine issues relating to oil consumption and the other M3 had a major engine mechanical problem resulting in bits of piston littering the road!

Just wanted to say thanks to Ray from HellBM for his help leading up to the event, loaning my parts to hget the engine running and the offer for a new P/S pump during the event. Hes a good bugger!

Kayne Barrie from Kayne Barrie Motorsport for also helping out with the power steering issue and the loan of parts. He was up out of bed until 1am on Monday helping us out. Another good bugger!

Gavin Bellers from Hi Velocity for his work with the new S54 transplant, he worked through multiple problems and we've ended up with a good package fore the event.

sh*t it was a long week, glad its over but man it was fun!

19992_10156272839850195_1018346281591334

12195843_1166056350075948_76722854601748

12195804_853825264734366_740204375275113

• Like 15

Awesome work - you should be proud of yourself!

Were the two action shots both "never waste a crowd" moments?

Great effort, saw you in main street New Plymouth, looked and sounded badass.

Congrats Steve.They were raving about you on Radio Live re. your `crowd pleasing antics`.

• Like 1

Bloody well done. Sounds like a very good week.

Nice work dude! ... car looks tits, and looks like a real hoot to drive with the new donk.

outstanding.

Is there to be television coverage anywhere?

• Like 1

A mate and I were one of the Flying finish teams and we always got excited seeing your bright car come flying past!

Well done on a great race! (Hopefully i'll be joining you all for Bambina in 2016)

Thanks guys,

Never waste a crowd... I was worried about my tyres not lasting so I have to admit I left a few good corners with disappointed people. Not ideal haha.

The S54 is great. The car didn't under-steer like I thought it might and it proved to be very quick in the tight twisty roads so I'm absolutely stoked with it. But its like anything, as soon as you got used to the extra power you wanted more!

There are a few small tv clips, heres one but its right at the end. The first skid I hang my head in shame as its pretty lame lol

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/inkster-unfazed-by-klinks-new-targa-ride-2015102918#axzz3qSzNQD3l