Sign in to follow this  
EuroAllDay

Clown nose doesn't flash when car is locked

Is there anyway to get this working, or anything that could be wrong? 3 of my friends also have e46s without an alarm and they flash for deterrence. I have confirmation enabled which I heard is meant to enable clown nose as well, does something else need to be enabled via programming?

Cheers.

e46 328i 1998.

is it a jap import? IIRC there was something about the clown nose on imports being a receiver for the IR key, not a light for the alarm like they are in NZDM cars. Certainly none of the clown noses on my imports have ever flashed (E46 and E39).

is it a jap import? IIRC there was something about the clown nose on imports being a receiver for the IR key, not a light for the alarm like they are in NZDM cars. Certainly none of the clown noses on my imports have ever flashed (E46 and E39).

Yeah it is but there is LEDs under the clown nose. :/

These are the infrared receivers not leds. Correct me if I am wrong.

you are wrong, the clown nose contains two LEDs from factory. The IR receiver is inside the mirror. You can carefully pry it out with a flathead screwdriver and pull it off.

There are 2 reasons why it doesn't flash: it's probably not wired to the General Module. Second, you need to code your car and set DWA (Alarm system) to active.

Here is what you can do to see if it's pre-wired: Unsnap the mirror plastic cover and pull the plug connector to see if there is a wire at Pin# 9. I think it's grey/black with thin yellow marks. This runs to the GM5 (X254 / 26-pin, black connector) Pin# 23 and feeds the LED.

post-51619-0-20451600-1446711985.jpg

as an example, in the picture below the wire is missing....

post-51619-0-52793400-1446713122.jpg

Edited by andyb184

check the fuse first. Could be missing or blown.

mine was.

Is there anyway to get this working, or anything that could be wrong? 3 of my friends also have e46s without an alarm and they flash for deterrence. I have confirmation enabled which I heard is meant to enable clown nose as well, does something else need to be enabled via programming?

Cheers.

e46 328i 1998.

just out of curiosity, what did you find out?

Edited by andyb184