Sign in to follow this  
national8

E30 M3 wheels

This is a very long shot but there are 4 1990 E30 Sport Evo wheels somewhere in NZ. They were swapped out of my car around 2005 and replaced with set of BBS 3 piece basket weaves. I would like to revert to the original rims. If anyone has a lead I would be pleased to follow up.

Please note these are not normal E30 M3 wheels as you can see that the spokes wrap over the rim.

Thanks for any help.

post-52496-0-22813100-1446680910_thumb.j

post-52496-0-61681600-1446680938_thumb.j

• Like 1

There was a set of Cecotto rims offered on s14.net a while ago. Haven't seen 16" basketweaves come up sor sale here for a while.

I think the word used to describe these is "unobtainium", if the set that came off your car is still around then you might get lucky.

There are a few e30 M3 parts horders in NZ, possibly with Keven Mosen (ex-Mosens Parts in Hamilton) or Dave that had the LHD Evo 3 here in Auckland (I know his car had the original wheels, not sure if he had spares)?

Had a complete brain fart, it is Wayne not Dave.. and no he doesn't have any wheels.

I dont have any of these for sale but what makes them so different to a 16 inch basket weave ? ( probably fitted 5/6/7/ series ) ? Just the detail where the spokes meet the rim ?

I dont have any of these for sale but what makes them so different to a 16 inch basket weave ? ( probably fitted 5/6/7/ series ) ? Just the detail where the spokes meet the rim ?

The devil is in the detail and in this case, as you point out, it is how the spokes meet the rim.

it that all ? And these were fitted to Evos rather than regular M3s ?

I need to find some pics of other 16 inch basket weaves.

I have four of these off my E30M3 which is not an Sport Evo, but is a late 1990 Euro Spec which came with the 16" upgrade. They look the same as yours and same spec and part # , so maybe your search doesn't need to be limited to Sport Evo wheels. post-1194-14470257784021.jpgpost-1194-14470257913317.jpg

• Like 1

IIRC the Sport Evo wheels were painted a slightly darker grey on the spokes... but that can be easily achieved with those.

Yup, darker colour. But 25 year old wheels now days would probably be in need of a re-furb anyway. The paint code for the Sport Evo grey is easy to find.

Actually I have 5. Another in the boot :-)

PM sent