Sign in to follow this  
NVADER

E30 Seat Upgrade Options

My E30 project has worn, tan, comfort seats. I don't mind the shape of the back seats too much and was actually thinking of getting in retrimmed in vinyl or something....until I looked at the cost. The front drivers seat is shredded and looks horrible.

I've read that E21/E24 recaros are a nice swap but this being NZ I'm assuming they would go for astronomical prices even if you could find some.

E36/E46 seats...not so keen on vaders in E30's really. The E36 sports seats would be my preference so far but finding a black set in decent condition..

Has anyone got any other ideas for nice looking "sport" seats that might fit? I can make up adaptor rails as long as the seats actually fit in the car.

In my opinion nothing beats the e30 recaro sport seats. They look period correct and support you enough for a bit of spirited back road driving.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree. Hard to find in good condition though

its pretty easy to fit e36 seats in an e30. but as you say, finding a nice set in black leather aint so easy lol

Have you looked on Ebay at the vinyl (leather look) trim sets you can get? They look like a moderate DIY job to re staple the upholstery... e.g. something like this (for early sport style seats):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-325i-318i-325is-SPORT-SEATS-NATURAL-TAN-UPHOLSTERY-KITS-NEW-/262118555199?hash=item3d077bbe3f:m:mGdoHCDhRms3-eA4ifMcKew&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

evo 1 / gsr recaro seats are pretty similar and there are templates online to make brackets for them

^ but isnt it just as hard to find evo 1 leather recaros as it is to find leather e30 sports seats?

They never made them in leather. And no where does it say he wanted leather. Just sports seats

• Like 1

Hey, sorry. Not getting notifications for some reason. I've looked at the early Recaro fishnets as they were pretty cool and are marginally period correct but again, hard to find in good nic.

Thanks Brent, I thought they would have disappeared straight away. What are you wanting for them?

I've also been looking at these wondering if they could be made to fit fit. About the closest to what I'm after so far....http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/fiat/auction-980123922.htm

these are what i have fitted out of a evo 1, and gsr and mirage seats are the same just different trims, they do tend to come up every now and then

IMG_2653_zps5oxt730y.jpg

Edited by WYZEUP
  • Like 1

I guess it just depends on the rails you make up but do these sit really low compared to factory? My mates evo has these and it feels like you're sitting on the floor haha

I'm using Nzkw brackets and sliders so they do sit kinda low, any recaro seat will sit low but you could make brackets up to sit them higher. Apexeffects on here had some recaro brackets that mounted to factory rails that will give you an idea of the brackets you will need to make