Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Another 2er on the Tard

424362787.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=978718442

Just window shopping again, the Orr Boon auction wet my appetite for 2002's...

This one seems alot sounder than those though. Anyone know any history?

Other than spotting this one in an underground carpark a few years ago I have nothing to add. Looks good in the photos though!

what do you guys think about the dechromed look around the waist line/bonnet and boot edges etc

edit: mirrors have been shaved too which i do like

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

what do you guys think about the dechromed look around the waist line/bonnet and boot edges etc

Just noticed that now you say it although something was off for me. Prefer with the chrome imo, segments the lines a bit better, seems a bit bland without. Not a huge fan of the rims, some weaves on there would change its look entirely.

definately agree with your rims comment, they dont suit the car whatsoever

Agree the rims don't look right. E30 steel rims look great on 2002's as a cheap modern option.

I like it, plus the colour is right!

the wing mirrors were probably an option on these, my e21s didnt all have them, some only had on the drivers side.

oh yeah my 2002 is a reasonably poverty spec car but does have wing mirrors both sides well it did... passengers one has gone walkies somewhere in 45 years

Mine didn't have a wing mirror on the passenger side.

I reckon it looks pretty nice / complete other than the missing chrome trim (belt line, window seal, rain gutter) which is a bit of a downer if the goal is original looking and some of it is hard / impossible to find, but it doesn't look bad without it. As a side note I am still debating on mine whether to have nothing or have the poor man's version, which is stick on chrome profile. Looks good from a distance, which is ok on a race car....

It's good that there are replacement panels for rusty bits, but its still really important to check for further rust as they love to rust... (eg I'd have a careful look at the underside of the leading edge of the bonnet). I can't get my head around prices on them these days as a 2002 needing a cosmetic restoration should be pretty cheap ... and I am not sure $10k+ is cheap. But the value on them has really come up.

Wheels are easy enough to change. Sidedrafts and a 292 cam are a good bonus, although I'd put a hose on the valve cover breather, haha.

424362787.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=978718442

Just window shopping again, the Orr Boon auction wet my appetite for 2002's...

This one seems alot sounder than those though. Anyone know any history?

Was one of mine. Brought as an auto parts car, but was to good to wreck. So converted it to manuel. Motor was built up with e21 head and the cam. Carbs left over from another 02 I still have. Had it as a daily for years. Went and stopped great.

Good to see it again. Dosent look like it had much done to it since I moved it on in 2008.

Values seem to moving up. Could be worth finishing off my last remaining one.

Edited by #14