Sign in to follow this  
Ugan

E39 touring isofix mounting points

Hi

I am looking at purchasing a touring need to know if isofix mounting pints can be retro fitted , any one done this before? This will be a deal breaker if cannot be done.

Thanks

When I looked into it I think the isofix was factory fitted from 2001 (?) models onward, earlier models had a retrofit kit available through the dealers. I never took it any further as the costs didn't outweigh the benefits in my eyes. Isofix seems to take the margin of error out of the equation when installing the seats, didn't offer a higher level of restraint than a correctly fitted 3 point harness from what I read. Will happily be corrected if I'm wrong :)

When I looked into it I think the isofix was factory fitted from 2001 (?) models onward, earlier models had a retrofit kit available through the dealers. I never took it any further as the costs didn't outweigh the benefits in my eyes. Isofix seems to take the margin of error out of the equation when installing the seats, didn't offer a higher level of restraint than a correctly fitted 3 point harness from what I read. Will happily be corrected if I'm wrong :)

Cool thanks for the info.

Cool thanks for the info.

What year is the one you're looking at? The E39 estates are a nice car to live with on a daily basis, the quicker steering rack makes up for the extra body length and they go quite well with the 3 litre!

Looking at 3l 2001 msport, it's got 180km on the clock with full service history. I have made an offer but owner does not want to budge they looking at 9k.

Looking at 3l 2001 msport, it's got 180km on the clock with full service history. I have made an offer but owner does not want to budge they looking at 9k.

The black M-sport with beige leather? Bit high priced given the km but looks nice in the photos. I have two Diono seats in the back of mine currently, one forward and the other rear facing, both secured with the ordinary 3 point harness and they're rock-solid.

Will pay to find out if the radio tuner is world spec or japan. They're a real pain in the ass to find an oceania tuner and retrofitting the newer type tuner is a ballbuster as well. Went through the same hassle with mine when I bought it. Take it to Glenn for a proper PPI too, the airbags in the rear of these cars can be expensive when they fail, he'll be able to give you a good idea as to their condition :)

black with beige leather no did not see this one, the one im talking about is green with beige leather. Will know today for sure whats going on. Thanks for the advise will have to change one car seat.

black with beige leather no did not see this one, the one im talking about is green with beige leather. Will know today for sure whats going on. Thanks for the advise will have to change one car seat.

Lol, my bad - could've sworn it was black when I looked at it last night. Good luck! :)