Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

e34 electric seats, are they heated?

My cousin has a pair of e34 electric leather seats. The problem is neither of us know if they are heated or not and he is in Hamilton whilst I'm in Wellington. He doesn't own a BMW, so I need some instructions to give him so he can find out if they are heated or not.

The main reason I want to know is so I don't cut up my manual e34 seats to stick in the e28 only to replace them in a month or two. If they are only electric and not heated I don't think it will be worth the effort of wiring them up.

The seats involved:

Currently e28 cloth biege comfort

Manual e34 black leather comfort

Electric e34 black leather, maybe heated, I assume comfort

If heated they will/should have heater buttons on the side, (drivers seat - switches will be on the seatbelt buckle side).

7390050097_large.jpg

• Like 1

If heated they will/should have heater buttons on the side, (drivers seat - switches will be on the seatbelt buckle side).

7390050097_large.jpg

Thanks. I'll get my cousin to have a look

Not to be negative, but I just did a manual seat to electric seat conversion in my wifes e46 and the wiring was a real bastard.

If I had known I would not have attempted it - the entire fusebox had to be completely dismantled just so I could tap into the back of it.

Hopefully its not as mad on a e34, but my advice would be to read up on it first.

Not to be negative, but I just did a manual seat to electric seat conversion in my wifes e46 and the wiring was a real bastard.

If I had known I would not have attempted it - the entire fusebox had to be completely dismantled just so I could tap into the back of it.

Hopefully its not as mad on a e34, but my advice would be to read up on it first.

I think whilst it will certainly be interesting putting e34 seats into an e28 it should be ok as the controls are (to my knowledge) on the seat. I will probably only bother if they are heated though