Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Want to replace 19" BMW RFT with something better

Hi - I have an E91 320d

It has these tyres:

Potenza RE050A RFT 225/35R19 88Y

They all have punctures (go flat in a day).

1 - Can they be repaired?

2 - If not, I don't want run flats, anyone know what the wheels on my car are so I can get a spare and get 4x normal tyres. The ride quality is pretty bad.

These are the wheels (best pic I've got, I'm in Europe trying to remote fix my car)

post-1521-0-32971800-1447751052.jpeg

I replaced my runflats with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 on my 335i (19 inch wheels too).

Big improvement in ride quality, grip and confidence when cornering.

Usually about $500 each for 19 inch. Mag And Tyre sell them for about $300 each if they have stock.

If you need to know what tyres will fit just check the sizes written on the side of your current ones. Would be something like 255/30/19. Note your fronts might differ from the rears.

If those are MSport sizes you probably have 225/35/19 on the front and 255/30/19 on the rear.

Runflats can usually be repaired if the puncture is not on the sidewall and you didn't drive on them while flat, but only some places are willing to repair them. Bridgestone/Firestone outlets should do them.

Edited by Matth5

Thanks - look like Bridgestone won't repair the back two as something has punctured close to the side wall. They've recommended Falken (which sounds terrible to me).

I run Falkens, good compromise between price and performance. Would buy them again without hesitation.

Bet theyd be miles better than RFTs too.

when i had the 120d pirrelli runflats were "nicer" than contis and bridgestones.Dont remember the actual models,but the bridgestones had the worst ride.