Sign in to follow this  
djpaubes

2005 e60 m packet? what does that mean?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a 2005 e60 M sport wagon vs a 2006 high line wagon.

What I would like to know what the M packet actually provides?

Is it just cosmetic or is the suspension setup stiffer than a traditional non m packet?

I've got a 04 e60 sedan but need the extra room so looking for a wagon now.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

You could enter the VIN Numbers in a vin decoding tool and find out what the motorsport parts actually are.

Handling is way better, you get body kit so staunch look but still the usual BMW sleeper, slightly lowered but comfortable. Sports seats, etc.

I love our 550 E61 M sport, its just more special then a standard one, Worth every penny IMO

Search the forum, loads of threads about M-Sport v non-M.

M-Sport Suspension can be removed from the M Paket option, you need to look for option codes 225 or 226 on early cars and 704 on later.

Each E60 is different. There seems to be plenty out there that are missing half the M features. Most common is the sports seats are missing. And they are a must have.

m sport over highline any day. even if it means higher ks or older year.

also its not "m packet" but "motorsport" or "m-sport" or M or MS for short.

also m sport suspension doesnt necessarily mean "better" as some people might not like the stiffer ride. Its generally considered better (my opinion also) but its not a one size fits all and there are surely a reason as to why some people order the Motorsport e61 with standard suspension

• Like 1

msport suspension plus lower profile tyres plus run flat can mean harsh ride if the surface gets uneven compared to non m sport

also its not "m packet" but "motorsport" or "m-sport" or M or MS for short.

The proper option code for the full m-sport kit, or M Pack (SA337) often shows up as "M paket" on VIN decoder from the German info.

481 Sports seats can be "upgraded" with the alternative Comfort Seats in the M Pack for 5,6,7 Series etc.

• Like 1

I have this on PDFs, pm and I'll send it to you if you can't find it on line

So You Just Bought an E60 (Version 2.6).....

Can't specify the tech details on the rear of the E61, just the share goodness of its application. Stays very flat. Firmness comparable to the E39 Msport is similar, maybe slightly more compliant. Like all BMs a poorly serviced one seems to end up costing, but that'll be a given