Sign in to follow this  
No name user

JDM improving the E46

i cant see a damn thing in that potato photo other than ugly wide guards. #wheremycontrastat

on a positive note.. the facelift sedan front end looks great against the coupe..

• Like 2

I quite like that. I'd just make it look more standard specification. :P

More TRD stickers though...

• Like 2

2jzgte?

Yep sure is, just under 1100hp on BP98 on 25psi and 840 ft/lb

not really my thing, but impressive workmanship and power. such a clean engine bay.

What was it built for? A demo, or some sort of racing?

not really my thing, but impressive workmanship and power. such a clean engine bay.

What was it built for? A demo, or some sort of racing?

I guess your right its not ever bodies thing, its built for drifting the E46 is very popular in Europe for doing so.

You can buy anything you like for them all well developed for Drifting and they work very well, its a great platform to work with.

M7+1 I r8 8 out of 8

but really, Ive seen the short video of this at hampton. Such a weapon. Hopefully he'll shake things up a bit!

M7+1 I r8 8 out of 8

but really, Ive seen the short video of this at hampton. Such a weapon. Hopefully he'll shake things up a bit!

Only issue to date is power steer pump failed, now its raining down there so lots of power is pretty useless.

Daymon loves how the cars feels and its response to steering input he now needs time in the seat.

• Like 1

Only issue to date is power steer pump failed, now its raining down there so lots of power is pretty useless.

Daymon loves how the cars feels and its response to steering input he now needs time in the seat.

all we need is a bmw powered bmw out there making waves! i think you have just the build steve!! ;)

• Like 2

all we need is a bmw powered bmw out there making waves! i think you have just the build steve!! ;)

Yes indeed, however i still dont really understand the drifting thing i like to go fast for lap after lap not 3 corners lol

Theres a E46 drifter in Aus ive been talking with who runs the V10 its sound epic, my next plans are to get a mid 2000's DTM and drop a V10 in that but finish one project at a time me thinks lol

• Like 1

I agree about the facelift front.

I quite like those lights whenever I see them - always thought they'd look great on the M car.

I appreciate the work and effort involved. But what the hell is the obsession in NZ with ripping out anything BMW/Mercedes and replacing it with RB's and JZ's etc.

• Like 1

I appreciate the work and effort involved. But what the hell is the obsession in NZ with ripping out anything BMW/Mercedes and replacing it with RB's and JZ's etc.

Good cheap engines with easy work-ability.

BMW and Mercedes are typically cooler / better platforms.

Hate to say it but in this situation its pretty hard to top a 2J

• Like 1

Good cheap engines with easy work-ability.

BMW and Mercedes are typically cooler / better platforms.

Cooler? I would agree

As for better?

I know the inside workings of this engine i had to design the headers to work around the turbo i supplied and sponsor him with, bottom line the 2j makes 1100hp on BP98 on 25psi and isnt even straining in the slightest.

On E85 its well over 1400 with another 200 shot of Nos.

It wont be hard to see 1600 hp on turbo alone, now please correct me but what would it take to get a S50 to match this ?

You wont be able to match what it cost to build the 2J to stand up to this punishment compared the S50, ive done stock 2J's with bolts on's doing 800hp all day without touching inside on a high Km motor.

If my new M50 turbo motor im building ever packets a sad itll be a 2J or my new favorite a turbo S85.

Each to their own i guess.

• Like 1

coz rfb

• Like 1

Cooler? I would agree

As for better?

I know the inside workings of this engine i had to design the headers to work around the turbo i supplied and sponsor him with, bottom line the 2j makes 1100hp on BP98 on 25psi and isnt even straining in the slightest.

On E85 its well over 1400 with another 200 shot of Nos.

It wont be hard to see 1600 hp on turbo alone, now please correct me but what would it take to get a S50 to match this ?

You wont be able to match what it cost to build the 2J to stand up to this punishment compared the S50, ive done stock 2J's with bolts on's doing 800hp all day without touching inside on a high Km motor.

If my new M50 turbo motor im building ever packets a sad itll be a 2J or my new favorite a turbo S85.

Each to their own i guess.

From my limited but somewhat insightful experience I would agree totally. All evidence I've seen of builds around the worlds, locals with their projects point to the same thing.

As for my cooler / better comment, I actually meant the chassis' offered by BMW / Mercedes are cooler / better hence people throwing Japanese engines in them for cost effective results.

• Like 1

From my limited but somewhat insightful experience I would agree totally. All evidence I've seen of builds around the worlds, locals with their projects point to the same thing.

As for my cooler / better comment, I actually meant the chassis' offered by BMW / Mercedes are cooler / better hence people throwing Japanese engines in them for cost effective results.

Sorry Michael misunderstood your meaning,

again agree its a better platform thus why they ran the 46 over a JDM.

I will admit i like my old school JDM stuff i use to have x2 1978 Skylines very much enjoyed them

• Like 1

Yes indeed, however i still dont really understand the drifting thing i like to go fast for lap after lap not 3 corners lol

big grin.

Probably they have experience on the japanese iron, coming up through they standard japanese drift cars; don't understand BMWs.

I thought it interesting; all that work and no strut brace?