Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

F1 season ends !Yawn

OMG I gave up at round 3,what a complete waste of a season, no wonder the fans have stayed away and races cost the host cities millions.

Such a shame and if Red Bull do pull out who could blame them.

quick discussions round my work colleagues and they have all stopped watching too

Does anyone actually still follow this

Hasn't been following for a few years. Basically since Schmecca (spelling?) quits the first time round.

One of the most interesting thing for me is the pit stops. It used to take like 15 seconds and now is just few seconds.

Yeah stopped watching ages ago.

Most boring racing you can watch (and ssang yong ute racing is a thing)

• Like 4

I watch it, while the racing can be boring, the pre race politics, hype and speculation is cool. P3 and Q are pretty good most meetings. And there were some exciting races this year I thought.

F1. What a joke. I'd rather watch tennis.

I've watched the V8 Supercar series closely all year, that is far more entertaining in all regards.

lol I like tennis, V8's Moto, SBK and I still watch F1... although I'm not really sure why any more.

It was fine when I lived in Europe and the races started at 2pm but midnight races test me... I can't stand deferring the viewing because spoilers kill it for me and I now work at Sky TV and there's a flipping TV in almost every corner of every building - there's no chance I could go a whole day without seeing or hearing about the results.

I need McLaren and Fernando to be up there next year or I'll possibly give up.

The politics and drama are more entertaining than the racing at the moment.

• Like 1

How anyone watched F1 this year is beyond me. MotoGP on the other hand :blink: !!

Totally agree. I don't even like road bikes but was amazed at the racing in MotoGP. Those final 3 races!

Still watch F1, because it is still F1, but yeah it has been pretty boring this season. Even the front two Mercedes didn't really race each other on the track.

A couple of good races in there, but the rest were too predictable.

Only interesting bit was guessing how long before the first Honda engine went pop.

Still watch F1, because it is still F1, but yeah it has been pretty boring this season. Even the front two Mercedes didn't really race each other on the track

My thoughts exactly. I am a fan of 'Iceman'.

Still watched every race this season.

Some of the rule changes for next season look good, and will encourage more overtaking and different race strategies.

DRS wont be disabled during the race for restarts, there will be extra tyre choices to make tyre strategies interesting.

Also, the engines will be louder as they will have screamer pipes.

Screamer pipes for the win!

I watch it, while the racing can be boring, the pre race politics, hype and speculation is cool. P3 and Q are pretty good most meetings. And there were some exciting races this year I thought.

so its turned into a reality tv show now ?

F1 has always had politics - the FIA were in Ferrari's pockets for decades.

If anything the politics are less what they used to be IMO.