Sign in to follow this  
335e91

Dyno tune on Cobb v3

Hi guys can anyone suggest a place that is able to dyno tune on Cobb v3 BMW ?

Cheers!

Don't think anyone local does custom Tuning with Cobb. Do a remote tune with Pro Tuning Freaks or Wedge Performance. I couldn't be happier with my Pro Tuning Freaks Cobb tune

• Like 1

Don't think anyone local does custom Tuning with Cobb. Do a remote tune with Pro Tuning Freaks or Wedge Performance. I couldn't be happier with my Pro Tuning Freaks Cobb tune

cool, is the car running better than Cobb OTS maps? I am thinking to go it a go

cool, is the car running better than Cobb OTS maps? I am thinking to go it a go

Hiya, I am new to BMW but been using Cobb AP since they first had V2 on the Mazda I had.

The result from an E-Tune (emailing logs) is far better than OTS in terms of drivability and power delivery. E Tuner will adjust ignition timing base on your datalog and this is where the performance comes from.

Hiya, I am new to BMW but been using Cobb AP since they first had V2 on the Mazda I had.

The result from an E-Tune (emailing logs) is far better than OTS in terms of drivability and power delivery. E Tuner will adjust ignition timing base on your datalog and this is where the performance comes from.

Hi bro, Have just done Etune through ptf,very happy! Cheers

I'll also vouch for PTF. Jake/Dzenno were very patient and did a great job with my car. Took a total of 12 e-tune iterations to finally dial out all boost overshoot/throttle closures. Now it's pretty close to perfect throttle response and pulls incredibly hard. Put down over 400rwhp and 450lbft on dyno (~100hp/150lbft delta over stock map). $250 USD well spent I reckon.

Steve, is that your wagon on Trademe?

Cheers,

Roman

I'll also vouch for PTF. Jake/Dzenno were very patient and did a great job with my car. Took a total of 12 e-tune iterations to finally dial out all boost overshoot/throttle closures. Now it's pretty close to perfect throttle response and pulls incredibly hard. Put down over 400rwhp and 450lbft on dyno (~100hp/150lbft delta over stock map). $250 USD well spent I reckon.

Cheers,

Roman

Nope not me

Cheers,

Roman

Hi bro , your car is a beast! I have done it through PTF and I only did one log and they provided the map the next day. Dyno at Hi Verlocity and made 315rwhp . 10hp more than COBB stage2 + FMIC aggressive map. It seems not a Hugh gain over the Cobb OTS map. Modifications done on my car are FMIC, catless downpipe, charge pipe. Do you think they would possibly get more hp out of these modifications? What mods have you done one yours?

Cheers,

Roman

Hi bro , your car is a beast! I have done it through PTF and I only did one log and they provided the map the next day. Dyno at Hi Verlocity and made 315rwhp . 10hp more than COBB stage2 + FMIC aggressive map. It seems not a Hugh gain over the Cobb OTS map. Modifications done on my car are FMIC, catless downpipe, charge pipe. Do you think they would possibly get more hp out of these modifications? What mods have you done one yours?

A map after 1 log seems strange, they normally do about 5 at least and send through a new map each time. All dynos read different but I would be expecting more that 315hp

Cheers,

Roman

Jeepers did you have to go logging 12 times. Not easy finding a spot to do them here in AK

Jeepers did you have to go logging 12 times. Not easy finding a spot to do them here in AK

Trying to log my old Polo Gti 1.8t with phase 2 was hard enough! What gear do you do it in with these cars? Are you guys running autos? If so, do they hold up ok with these tunes?

Western motorway towards keumu about 8pm is ideal

Trying to log my old Polo Gti 1.8t with phase 2 was hard enough! What gear do you do it in with these cars? Are you guys running autos? If so, do they hold up ok with these tunes?

3rd gear pulls, 4th is better for logging ,but even in 3rd you are in big speeding ticket territory . Yeah the autos are good for a ton of power

I use the southern motorway past Dury around 2am+ .......

I have been running 400rwhp+ for over 2 years on my transmission (car was 253rwhp on factory tune) without any issues

only thing I have done is change the lifetime AT transmission fluids when I got my car to FBO and running the Alpina flash (which up's line pressure etc)

Edited by mod335