Sign in to follow this  
Xcel

D1 Racing clutch/flywheel

Has anyone had experience with this flywheel and clutch kit?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/gear-boxes/auction-995134776.htm

I'd rather not reuse my current dual mass flywheel in case it has issues once reinstalled so I'd like to go single mass. I am worried that it will be easy to stall with a lightweight flywheel since I've never driven a car with one but I'd probably get used to it anyway.

Got one sitting in the shed waiting to go in atm. Another member here is having issues with the clutch actuation distance, but his was a somewhat oddball gearbox combo I think. What box have you got going in?

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/53887-e36-325i-coupe-project/page-4

I've got a 5 speed ZF box out of an M3 ready to go in. Planning to get a metal clutch pivot pin which apparently can be adjusted by adding in a washer to help with clutch actuation.

• Like 1

Id contact Evan or Bradly from Speedfactor. He sorted me out with my Stage 2 M50/M52/S50/S52 clutch kit. Its about the same price, but Evan and Bradley know a great deal more about the ZF vs GetRag boxes on these motors.

I had a look at these D1 kits, and Ive also found the lads from NZDA are not very helpful nor care to much about making a sale in the 4 digits....

Well this might have answered my question:

Stage2 F1 on the left 7-9kmiles. stock exedy on the right50-60kmiles.
DSCN0259.jpg