Sign in to follow this  
matt_297

Who has upgraded from CCC to CIC?!

Just wanting to hear from anyone that has gone from the CCC to CIC, and was it worth the upgrade? (Im going to assume yes!)

Also wanting to know what I need, i mean everything down to cable ties if need be, where to get it, and who is reliable enough to get it from!

Cheers

Matt

Just wanting to hear from anyone that has gone from the CCC to CIC, and was it worth the upgrade? (Im going to assume yes!)

Also wanting to know what I need, i mean everything down to cable ties if need be, where to get it, and who is reliable enough to get it from!

Cheers

Matt

If you want to do it, Joe at EuroSurgeon in Penrose, Auckland is your man.

To be frank however, I have a CCC E92 M3. One of our other cars has CIC in it (2013(?) X5).

Whilst the CIC is obviously a lot better, to me, it is not worth the hassle or expense of changing over. I'd far rather spend that $1000+ on LCI tail lights, or other mods. After you have set your CIC hotkeys (1-8?) with calls, radio stations, AUX, etc. I don't think there is really that much benefit rather than wank factor with the CIC!

Agree, CIC not worth the hassle, but now with kits being able to install the NBT (fx series one) - I am more intrested

I know Joe has done the upgrade to NBT on the M5 wagon when i was there a few months ago

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe ill just save the cash money for a set of wheels instead. Mine is an LCI anyway, has Bluetooth, AUX etc. Just annoys me that the NAV and TV/DVD don't work. Mainly the Nav.

The nav isn't that great anyway. I have CIC and still end up using Google Maps navigation instead, it takes traffic into account and maps are more up to date.