Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Question for e30 owners....

Hey all, been a while.

Noob question here but wondered if any e30 owners know if most retractable seatbelt mechanisms from the early 90's will work/fit into an e30?

Very slight bit of fraying on the drivers side seatbelt of the wagon. Needs replacing for the wof so only today and tomorrow to source and replace before xmas.

There's one on TM but wondered if I could just use a seatbelt mechanism from any model vehicle of a similar era (1989/90). If so I'll just check out a local wreckers. (We're now living in RotoVegas...)

Thanks in adv and merry xmas.

Rio

See my project log here... from when I replaced my old belts.

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/48689-ac-schnitzer-e30-project-log/?p=586413

If your current belts are anchored through the floor then generic belts should work. If they're anchored to the seat then it's a bit of a different story. You'll need to remove the seat to get the old seatbelt stalk out too.

Edited by _Mark_
  • Like 1

See my project log here... from when I replaced my old belts.

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/48689-ac-schnitzer-e30-project-log/?p=586413

If your current belts are anchored through the floor then generic belts should work. If they're anchored to the seat then it's a bit of a different story. You'll need to remove the seat to get the old seatbelt stalk out too.

Thanks Mark, will check out the link. Had a quick look at the set up in mine and appears to be anchored at the base of the seat. Murphy's.

Another option... There are a couple of places up here in Auckland which replace the webbing on your existing unit. I have used one up here in Penrose a few years ago on a Honda seatbelt, I think it cost around $100, I took the whole seatbelt assembly out and gave it to them... had it back the next day.

There might be someone Rotorua who offers the same service.

• Like 1