Sign in to follow this  
Rohil

E30 died on me in a weird manner. Help needed

Hi guys,

So my E30 has to spend overnight locked up in a carpark tonight due to some odd problem.

A few days ago the boot light drained the battery and I got it charged up at Taylor auto electrical. So that was fixed and I adjusted the boot light switch.

I have been driving it trouble free for a couple days and went to the shops today where I spent about 2 hours and when I came back the car would not start. I found that with the keys in the ignition but not turned to anything the subwoofers power light comes on and my cigarette lighter charger goes on but as soon as you turn the key to any other position the lights go off.

So when the car is off things are powered, when it's on no lights come on or anything. We jumped it but nothing not even a click from the starter or a single light on the dash.

I am VERY stumped and need to get this sorted asap. Any ideas what may be the issue here?

Any help would be VERY VERY appreciated!

Thanks

Sounds like an issue with the electrical barrel on the back of the key barrel. I'd be starting there. Had mine fall off one day so key wouldn't do

Anything

• Like 3

Google images of e30 ignition switch will show you the mechanical side and electrical side of the unit.

Edited by tim 325
  • Like 1

I'm going shortly to go have a look. I'll try a few of the things that iv been told and hope for the best at least to drive it home. Otherwise it'll be the tow truck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk