Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Alpine experts?

My car came with an after market alpine hu: cde-9850ri

Now someone has gone to the trouble of installing it so that the steering wheel controls still work which is great. However the unit is pretty old and I'd like to replace it with something that does usb and bluetooth. I'm hoping, naively maybe, that I can plug and play a newer Alpine unit without messing about with connectors etc...

I was thinking this - http://abtec.co.nz/Alpine_UTE_42EBT_1_Day_Mad_Deals_

Does anyone know for sure if the alpine connectors have changed? Anyone know how the steering wheel control adapters work?

Yeah I know I should pull it and have a look but I don't have the alpine removal tools and don't want to mess it up trying screw drivers etc.

Cheers in advance :-)

Edited by MD13

I'm pretty sure when i was looking at decks ages ago that alpine made a module that allowed you to use continue to use the steering controls. Which would mean its already prewired into the harness you have installed. As far as I'm aware the connectors have not changed. It will most likely be plug and play. If its not an urgent matter, call into rapid radio and talk to Mark he knows a heap of sh*t about Alpine gear.