Sign in to follow this  
HaNs

WTB: E36 LTW rear wing (replica is ok)

As title, just checking if any local before I bring one in

• Like 2

Hi Hans, I'm looking for E36 LTW too, though its not urgent. Where were you planning to bring one in from and what approx cost have you found?

Mmm some nice stuff there and those LTWs look nice.

I have some other items to fund currently (including roll cage) so my LTW will have to wait. Good luck sourcing yours. I'd love to see some pics when on!

Caging mine next month!

Ahh nice. Who's doing your cage?

I've found it to be less straight forward than I expected due to needing to go 8-point for regs and having to move and/or delete some stuff I was hoping to keep standard. Can't wait to get it done though! :)

Wouldn't bother with Abraham/Marshaw, unless you specifically want the abraham/marshaw. There are a lot of versions of the wing out there now.

I got mine off ebay through a Polish seller. There is a couple sellers out there now from Poland/Bulgaria, seems to be from the same manufacture. Complete 4pcs fiberglass version (really light, solid construction) shipped to my door for $340 a couple months back. No sag, and the base tapers down like the original LTW/GT wings. Build quality/fitment was better than expected considering the price, but like all fiberglass parts the surface needs to be flat sanded and re-primed.

3bjyaM4.jpg

Edited by Daniel0663
  • Like 4

Link Daniel?

Family wagon, what regs need 8 point?

That wing looks pretty good Daniel, thanks for the info. The Abrahams is Polyurethane I think, so do you know if there's any weight difference?

Hans, I've been told it's the MSNZ regs now and I believe it may mainly relate to airbag delete cars. I've taken out the airbag of course for race wheel etc. An 8 point is good practise in any case, but attaching to the front strut does make things more fiddly around fuse box, brake booster and also heater box for the cross bar under dash. No problem if you are doing a bare bones race car but not so great if you want to retain some street car comforts and do things cheap.

• Like 1

Oh I hate the risers on these things so much. But I love the low version.

You can get fibreglass ones from Hamilton although I'm not sure it would be less than $340 shipped??? That seems a crazy low price.

Seller was "azo3104" on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/azo3104/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He also sells the reiger adjustable splitter complete with hardware etc at the fraction of the cost compared to other US based sellers. I haven't bough it myself as i've made my own front splitter but the from the listing looks pretty decent?

You can get fibreglass ones from Hamilton although I'm not sure it would be less than $340 shipped??? That seems a crazy low price.

Yeah, i've thought about buying that version but i couldn't justify purchasing a low-rise ltw replica for $500+

$340 NZD, shipped to my door is a crazy good deal considering just a year ago the only replicas around were the ebay "extremedimension" crap and Abrahams/Marshaw selling for $600+ USD while genuine hanmann/gt2 were fetching 1.2K +. There was a full carbon version on ebay from taiwan, but it seems they don't make them anymore.

Edited by Daniel0663

Have contacted that eBay seller to find out if they can do more

I have this front lip on the way

post-4041-0-06040700-1452196286_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I actually sold my LTW wing not long ago for $250 which was cheap as chips. But not risers.

Gotta love the Reiger Lip. How much did it set you back Hans?

$180 ish. Going to try and take a mould here locally and produce them in plastic

Wow, that's cheap Hans. Does that include the steel mount brackets or does it bolt into the standard lip?

Also does it arrive unpainted so you'll just need to throw some paint on it?

Wouldn't bother with Abraham/Marshaw, unless you specifically want the abraham/marshaw. There are a lot of versions of the wing out there now.

I got mine off ebay through a Polish seller. There is a couple sellers out there now from Poland/Bulgaria, seems to be from the same manufacture. Complete 4pcs fiberglass version (really light, solid construction) shipped to my door for $340 a couple months back. No sag, and the base tapers down like the original LTW/GT wings. Build quality/fitment was better than expected considering the price, but like all fiberglass parts the surface needs to be flat sanded and re-primed.

3bjyaM4.jpg

Hey Daniel, where abouts did you get that diffuser? Cheers

I made it myself. There are DTM/Varis/Mateomotorsport etc versions i was really interested in but shipping from the states was a huge deal breaker .....

aI9QCFK.jpg

4Z6Vfn5.jpg

Edited by Daniel0663

Wow, that's cheap Hans. Does that include the steel mount brackets or does it bolt into the standard lip?

Also does it arrive unpainted so you'll just need to throw some paint on it?

Bolts onto OEM lip. I need to buy a rivnut setup. Goal is to replicate in plastic so they can take a beating.

Edit: comes in white gel coat so will sand and rattle can satan black.

Cheap LTW wings will be back on eBay soon. Will update you all.

Edited by HaNs

Lip arrived, its black gel coat. Not worth producing more here locally.

Waiting for the above LTW wings to be ready. Then just need to get sunroof delete.

Your car looks amazing Daniel, and that high rise wing is fantastic. Totally the look i would go for if i got another 36.

Lip arrived, its black gel coat. Not worth producing more here locally.

Waiting for the above LTW wings to be ready. Then just need to get sunroof delete.

Have you looked into the sellers listings hans? he sells the proper reiger front splitters too.

Your car looks amazing Daniel, and that high rise wing is fantastic. Totally the look i would go for if i got another 36.

Thanks Kelvin.

Have you looked into the sellers listings hans? he sells the proper reiger front splitters too.

Yes i saw that, need to make a sump guard/under tray so dont really want that kind of setup

Brent has an X brace for the E36 that sits over the sump and protects that if you want an easy route.