Sign in to follow this  
bimmerman

E91 Electric swivel tow bar issues!

Just got my hands on an e91 with an electric swivel tow bar like this (

)

I'm having a few issues with it being super temperamental, sometimes the release button will work, most of the time it doesnt

When the tow bar drops it doesnt go to an end lock position, i have to manually pull it there, but it doesnt seem to pick up that the tow bar is locked in. The I-Drive keeps throwing errors saying that the towbar is hitching and continuously beeps away.

Have tried a bunch of different combinations of having the towbar tucked, and out.

Any ideas/advice would be mint!

I have a NZ new E91 with the electric factory release towbar.

Mine also doesn't lock in when released, but i suspect it is due to the extra weight of the crappy modification that has been done so the chain from the trailer can be fitted. Mine has two brackets that are bolted together on either side of the towbar . They don't sit square and the trailer electrical connection cant fit on (due to the bracket) . I also have trouble getting the trailer on and off. Basically mine needs modification so it can be used for towing.

I have found that you do have to hold your finger on the button for at least 5 second to get it released.

• Like 1