Sign in to follow this  
bstizzle

transmission woes

Great to hear you got this sorted finally Bernie. But it high lights yet again the risks one takes in trying to self diagnose a modern car packed full of electronic stuff. As Grant posted very diplomatic I feel and Glenn has been saying for years "get it scanned' rings true every time plus the PM graham sent you. Nobody on here likes to see these problems escalate and cost more $$$ and time than need be hence we help one another as best we can. Enough said go and enjoy driving you car 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

You still need to clear fault codes & adaptions. Possibly also reset idle speed. I would also check unmetered air ie: crank breather hose from the rocker cover to the PCV valve which should also be checked... a back fire (lean mixture) can damage a new MAF (is it new or 2nd hand?). What is the idle Kg reading and full load reading from your new MAF ?

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1

Glenn- MAF is 2nd hand (half the cost of new, plus just in case it didnt fix the problem I wouldnt have ended up down more coin than need be)

roughly what would it cost to set the idle and clear the codes etc??

I dont have the cash to pay for mechanics etc

Ah this old kettle of fish. Cant afford a mechanic, so will give it an uneducated bash, make it worse, and then have to pay to fix it anyway. Same story, different thread/forum.

I have a phone : free calling

An 0800 number

A fax

Email address

A web site

A door which is open from 7.00 am till 4.30 pm

You choose... making contact is FREE

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 3