Sign in to follow this  
bstizzle

hmm.pics

I was gonna put a profile pic of my car up but says I can only put up a pic 300kb in size. this is pretty crazy. Plus i see pics on here which are pretty big.

My pics are around 1.5-2 mb which is a pretty small file really. My iphone doesnt have an option to change pic size/quality coz obviously if yr gonna take photos, why take sh*t,small,pixalated ones??

So, coz I really cant be assed trying to make my photos smaller and shitter, i just wont bother posting pics.

Thats all.Rant over..

Instead, upload your file to a hosting site (tinypic.com) and link to it. Uploading uses up disk space on the website's server, hence why such restrictions are in place.

Edited by Rubix
  • Like 2

That is correct. We had it open for a while, we begged and pledded with people to resize their images. People didnt so we put the limits in place to stop our more internet challenged people from posting direct from their smart phones without doing some sort of resize and compression first. The limits will remain as the problem of camera image sizes has gotten a lot worse.

The other option is a automated script that can run across images to resize them. But this brings other issues.

• Like 1

my advice would be to create a photobucket account and use that to host your pictures. Its free and easy to use.

i use photo bucket, has a very good iphone app, i presume one for android too, upload them using that on the phone, type out a post on bimmersport and by the time i have finished what i want to say the pictures are ready to link into the comment.

can see how some people that arent good on the computer would struggle with this though, there are a few steps.

would be good if a later update did alow for direct posting of photos to here though.

• Like 1