Sign in to follow this  
Cab

E36 M3 Before and After

Just a quick before and after of my M3 since I took ownership.

Added:

Rear wing extension

Roof spoiler

Red BBS centres

BC Gold coilovers

Tyre graphics

Europlate ex Germany

20mm Wheel spacers

Air freshener (strawberry)

Edited by Cab
  • Like 3

Good looking car. It's a great colour too.

Constructive criticisms;

Rear wheel height too low, I'd bring it up slightly, consider if the car has stuff in the back or passengers its going to bottom out at that height.

Rear window spoiler.. too much detailing, you've already got that rear wing so I'd loose it.

:D

• Like 1

Constructive criticisms;

Rear wheel height too low, I'd bring it up slightly, consider if the car has stuff in the back or passengers its going to bottom out at that height.

Rear window spoiler.. too much detailing, you've already got that rear wing so I'd loose it.

It's funny you mention the rear height, I've already raised it since the photos! I just calculated a little too low to begin with. Sitting about 8mm higher now.

• Like 1

Lee's old m3? looks great lowered on the coilovers! the gurney flap works really well.

Yep Lee's old one. Cheers

Stunning machine, white lettering on the tires makes it look like a race car ? Well done.

• Like 1

looks great, love the combo of the color, wheels, wing and height. I agree with Michael on the points about height and window spoiler.

Its a shame the US ones didnt get the good engine.

• Like 2

Constructive criticisms;

For Mike to like a car:

Return to stock form.

:D?

EDIT: Where on earth did you get the wing extension? :o I want one

Edited by Rubix

looks great, love the combo of the color, wheels, wing and height. I agree with Michael on the points about height and window spoiler.

Its a shame the US ones didnt get the good engine.

Cheers.

Yep the US spec has the least power, but a great base for modification. Basically an M50 with a larger displacement and bigger cams - hence why they make the lowest power. It also means you can do more to wake them up!

Even simple mods like air intake, cams, headers, injectors, ecu remap takes it to over 300hp relatively easily and doesn't cost the earth either. Headers and a carbon fibre air box have already been done.

My E30 325i vert came to life after adding a 288 Schrick Cam, Schrick Valve springs, Headers, ECU remap etc.

It's funny you mention the rear height, I've already raised it since the photos! I just calculated a little too low to begin with. Sitting about 8mm higher now.

Haha, good call, I was gonna say 10mm would be enough :P

For Mike to like a car:

Return to stock form.

:D?

EDIT: Where on earth did you get the wing extension? :o I want one

Ha, and you're telling that to a guy that put a 1UZ V8 into his E36. Hardly an advocate for stock form :P

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 1

Even simple mods like air intake, cams, headers, injectors, ecu remap takes it to over 300hp relatively easily and doesn't cost the earth either. Headers and a carbon fibre air box have already been done.

Only if they're those little yanky horses.

She's a decent looker though.

Where on earth did you get the wing extension? :o I want one

senpai pls

Edited by Rubix

Where on earth did you get the wing extension? :o I want one

senpai pls

Flipped EZ Lip. Best $50 you'll spend! Obviously its purely aesthetic but it looks really good and so easy to do. I looked pretty far and wide for an actual gurney flap and they're so hard to source.

I'm not sure it matters at normal speeds but keep in mind that BMW insist that the appropriate front splitter is installed when using such a rear wing. Take that for what you will.

• Like 1

Ooooooooo love your direction with the styling bro! Didn't think a flipped EZ lip could look that good either :)

Where did you get your tyre graphics done? How're you finding the durability on driving + weather conditions?

Thanks.

Stencils and tyre paint. It drys quite hard so you can chip it if you're not careful. If you don't daily your car it stays fine. I'm thinking about taking it off, not sure if I like it :mellow:

• Like 1

what product did you use for the guney flap?

Any chance of some close ups?

Its an EZ lip flipped upside down. Purely for cosmetic purposes - couldn't seem to find an off the shelf one anywhere except a place in Australia that don't reply to emails.

I was going through my profile and deleting some of my "gallery", not knowing it would delete photos off my threads so all photos have vanished! I will add close up's tonight.

It looks the part, serves no purpose (functionally) what so ever though.

Edited by Cab