Sign in to follow this  
thegreatestben

FS: 2001 316ti - Manual - NZ new

Hello all :)

I bought this recently for my fiancee but she doesn't like a few things about the car like the convex mirrors and over the shoulder vision.

Nice car in pistachio green hotness. I'll keep it brief and give you the good and bad.

Good:

Pretty straight and initial appearance overall is pretty sharp.

It's manual, seem to be fairly uncommon if trademe is any indication

Just gave it a service with full synthetic oil and new filter

High spec Sony bluetooth stereo with handsfree calling

Everything seems to be working, remote locking and boot pop, lights etc...

Pistachio green :)

NZ New

Wof until Sept 16 - 1 Year wof's

Reg until July 16

Great daily driver, cheap and much nicer to drive than a jappa.

Has sports suspension, rear shocks look to be recently replaced.

I think it has a sports body kit maybe?? I'm not sure what's standard and what's an option on these.

Cons:

Paint has blemishes see photos

interior plastics are iffy, I'm going to tidy these up or replace.

Window switches work but some young player has attempted to pry them out not realizing that's not how they come out.

Engine cover is cracked and has been repaired with some sort of epoxy. I can see how they brake as they bend alot to come off in order to access the oil filter housing better.

Mostly cosmetic faults that let it down, wouldn't be hard to sort some of these which I'll be trying to do in the meantime.

Looking for $4000ono which again if Trademe is anything to go by, is a fair price. Car has 177,000km on the clock.

Only has one key but it is a Master key.

Edited by thegreatestben

Use the last seven digits of the vin number in a bmw decoder and it should give you the spec's for your car or just look for a part number on the front struts and that will tell you what the suspension type is http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog or http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do. If stuck might be able to help with a few parts ie engine cover etc left over from engine conversion I did best of luck with the sale.

Hey yeah I did do that. Said sports on the vin decoder and I also spotted sports printed on the front struts.