Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Opinions please

I'm contemplating liquidating my project and moving up to an E39 530i sedan but have no idea what I'll get for the parts in my E36.

I suspect the parts are more valuable than the whole, if anyone can give me an indication for what they're worth that'd help me immensely!

So the list is as follows:

M54B30, M50B25 intake, locked Vanos, stock cams, circa 220,000km. New HG, bolts, main belt, valves lapped, electronic thermostat replaced with 80-somethingº mechanical thermo, OEM ali thermo housing. Alternator & PS pump included, aircon deleted. Replaced head gasket for peace of mind, cylinder sleeves still had factory honing marks, head internals were nice and golden too. PO looked after it fairly well from what I could see.

Megasquirt II, in as-bought condition from another member on here. Unused, I believe its configured for VR sensors but will need to confirm.

2.5" Remus muffler with 2.5" mild exhaust, Coby type resonator. I used the stock 2" downpipes from the M52B28TU type headers, 2.5" mild from where the stock pipes merged. Was planning to run S50B32 headers but they need quite a bit more work to have them clear the trans tunnel brace so decided to go with something simpler to start with.

Getrag 220 conversion package with DM flywheel & clutch, driveshaft, pedal box, UUC clutch stop. Also have an M20 flywheel & starter.

Medium case 3.15:1 LSD

M-sport spec Koni front shocks (less than 5000km since fitted), full Eibach spring set (20mm drop from memory) and Bilstein rear shocks.

Other ancillary parts like gearknobs, spare M50B25 manifold & throttle body, complete M50B25 with DME, M54B30 intake mani with throttle body, spare drive by wire gas pedal, alternators, starter motors, and all the other bits that make up an E36.

I'm quite close to having this back on the road, just need to build the extra ignition circuits and tune it really.

I'm not yet 100% committed to swapping cars yet, I have an idea what I'd like for all the parts but I want to hear what the market thinks they're worth before I make the call :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Parts will always be worth more but sometimes its not worth the time so selling it together might result in a quicker sale.

Hard to find buyers for parts sometimes since everyone wants a bargain.

Why dont you list it for sale and see what kind of results you get?

Parts will always be worth more but sometimes its not worth the time so selling it together might result in a quicker sale.

Hard to find buyers for parts sometimes since everyone wants a bargain.

Why dont you list it for sale and see what kind of results you get?

As you say, people always have differing ideas as to the value of parts - hence wanting to see what those differing ideas may be. I'd hazard guessing that the engine would be worth around $1500, the Megasquirt $600-700, $1000 each for the diff & Getrag kit, $700 or thereabouts for the exhaust, suspension around $1000, and up to another $1000 for the ancillary bits listed above. However, the buying public might think I'm barking mad expecting that sort of cash, or they might agree, hence wanting to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers :)

Just chuck it out there for what you want, if it's a bit much then lower it as you go.

If you aren't in a rush then just list it for what it's worth to you. I find that some parts get snapped up quickly and others eventually sell by waiting it out or you just have lower the price to move it on.

Yeah, I suspect the LSD, Konis and manual conversion would go reasonably quickly, not sure about the rest.

Will see if the bits gather any interest on here, can't be bothered with the messing about that seems to happen with Facefart.