Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Official repair techniques and best practises for body work damage.

We straightened the engine bed on a Mk3 Cortina using a similar technique.

Nothing quite like watching a professional tradesman at work, such a great learning opportunity! ;)

Nothing quite like watching a professional tradesman at work, such a great learning opportunity! ;)

I didn't think you needed any ideas? ;)

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1

Mates use to do this a lot in the 70s and 80s, on old Holdens and Fords. lol

I drove a 1967 Falcon in the US that had been in my former sister-in-law's family since new. All of the siblings had learned to drive in it. all ten of them. one had had a fender-bender around 1974. They repaired by chaining it to a lamp-post, and reversing up, replaced the guard from a wreckers, and rattle-canned it the matching bronze-gold colour. I gave it a brake-job in 1988 or 89, found the crumpling, and a broken coil spring on the left front; asked about it, and got the whole story.

It was a car you had to lock because it looked so bad, people thought it was abandoned so they'd fill it with trash.

Anyway, this form of panel repair was 'Ford (ap)proved', back in the 70's, so I guess these engineers in Nevada have graduated to BMWs now #8 )