Sign in to follow this  
MattA

The 5's

Took the 540 for a bit of a blast yesterday, forgot how much fun a 20 year old can be!

Thought I'd get a pick of the pair of 5's.

post-176-0-46742700-1454230586_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

You need an e28 in the picture :P

appealing idea, but.... I'm working out what my long term plan for the 540 is now that I'm keeping it.

It needs some love, so new bushes through the front end and maybe steering linkages as there's a small amount of play there. I'm a growing a list of other bits and pieces, some mechanical and a few cosmetic.

Had staggered M-Par's on it but it never drove well. 255? on the rear 225 fronts or something like that. I was doing a lot of Whangamata to Taupo and Akl on them, the 17's were about the best handling improvement I've made, subjective I know. Given the state of most of our "driving" roads big rims & low profiles are only cosmetic.

The 535d is a much better handling car on the factory 18" but it looks cooler with the 19's.

Agree 100% on 17s for NZ roads. There's just too much inconsistency with local goat tracks, especially out these ways! It's the main reason why I won't put M-Pars on the wifes wagon, it rides nicely on the style 66s already. From memory I'd need to go to a 30/35 profile tyre to get the rolling diameter right and its just not enough tyre to ride comfortably on. That and she'd kerb them to death in like a month! :(

Buuuuut, it does look tits on the staggered Alpinas!

• Like 2