Sign in to follow this  
NZ152

E46 WTCC Cars here in NZ?

If I understand correctly there were 3 E46 World Touring Cars that came into NZ around 2008 ish - I know one resides here in Dunedin owned by Warren Good but does anyone know where the other couple are & if they're still around? If so, are they raced at all?

Yeah theyre floating around ... normally race in the Group-A and Historics Touring car classes from time to time.

Cheers, they'd be a bit too modern for that class, would they not? Historic Touring Car class is for Group A & Super Tourers only as I understand it(?)

Ones in Albany, other one is Missing...they run in the Heritage touring cars when they are out

I saw one on Race Cars Direct sometime last year that said it was in New Zealand

Ones in Albany, other one is Missing...they run in the Heritage touring cars when they are out

missing ,yea something to do with money owing eh ;)

Cheers, they'd be a bit too modern for that class, would they not? Historic Touring Car class is for Group A & Super Tourers only as I understand it(?)

Well seeing as they are an ex WTCC car and the series for this chassis type doesn't exist I would think it easily fits into the historic category quite easily. They haven't been raced as WTCC for around 10 years.

They seem to race in demo races and I have seen one of them (the green one) run the 1? hour endurance race when we were running team at the event.

Cars of the E46 era are a bit too modern for our Historic Touring Cars group which favours cars from the Group A and C eras and expands outwards to include invited cars from the FIA Group 2 time line and through to the late 90's BTCC/ETCC era.

• Like 1

The 2004 one is in Warkworth and the Gas station or Toyota dealership I think? Numbered 10 in white an blue.

• Like 1

this linky might be useful...

though reading that they're up for sale, reminded me of a herald article last year about BMW NZ in court over race car lease/loan/sale to M Delmont.

I wonder if it's resolved?

They sure look like a great racecar, if you're sufficiently well-heeled.

Edited by Olaf

Mikes one was sold at auction, this one is in Warkworth Toyota

post-3785-0-13150100-1454571518.jpg

^^that is the ex-Mike Delmont car that sold at auction.

It was bought from Turners by the guy Varney who ran it in the BMW series for a year or two, he then swapped it for Hayden Mackenzie's TLX V8

Bottom of the info board it says it's owned by Mackenzie.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Just stumbled across this yesterday, looks like it is now

this linky might be useful...

though reading that they're up for sale, reminded me of a herald article last year about BMW NZ in court over race car lease/loan/sale to M Delmont.

I wonder if it's resolved?

They sure look like a great racecar, if you're sufficiently well-heeled.

Looks like it is now resolved:

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11627254

Far from being resolved, just means that appeal has been thrown out of court.

All that's happened is that more court costs have now been added to the Bill...

yep, sadly if one is in this position, one loses all control. like setting sell prices, marketing strategy etc...