Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

M60 remote oil filter

Hi guys,

through the build of my M60 E30 im looking to possibly use a oil filter relocation kit (screw on filter) with cooler instead of using the factory oil filter housing on the motor to free up room in the engine bay and give easier access to the radiator and clean it up.

With all the reading i have been doing all the american's seem to say steer clear as they have problems with them blowing hoses etc.... is this just because they're using cheap stuff or is there possibly another reason why this would be happening?

Has anyone used a remote oil filter setup on an M60 before?

cheers guys

M62 uses a remote filter factory, doesnt it? Could you adapt that system?

Pretty sure its remote already, just like the M70 and M62, easy enough to adapt some longer lines to it and do what ever you want.

a quick google shows it mounted on the front of the head, with lines running to the engine.

11_1090.jpg

yeah the motor i have doesnt have the oil filter housing but i have some fittings with AN fittings brazed onto them which go into the block and trying to decide wether to run with that setup and use and aftermarket system or obtain and use the factory system

AN fittings brazed onto them which go into the block

Thats what I ran on the m70 with stainless braided hose and had no problems at all.

• Like 1

std m60 m62 ones from later cars will work , have some options , hoses seam to last ages , so no biggie there.