Sign in to follow this  
allan

M2

Interesting. It's still referred to as an N55 engine, but with some internal components from the M4. So... it's not quite the same N55 engine as the 335i then.

I was hoping they could crack the software someday so I could flash it on my car, but I guess that would just wreck it :D

Wonder if a tuned 335i/135i/235i can keep up...

Edited by Matth5

Their was also a similar vid for the M3, M4 which i can't find it had some interesting odd things ie if you tilted the front seat forward if to high it would brake the mirror in the sun visor $300 odd later all fixed. Seems the rear disc and protector plate combined love to catch stones and result in a lovey noise.

Friend of mine in the UK was going to get one until he saw it in person at the launch, then he decided to buy this instead as it's roughly the same money after attending the launch day for them previously. Apparently only 3 new ones remain and all are spoken for.

46c54f41-103a-60c9.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, the M235i Racing is a very good deal as it's basically a marketing tool from BMW M Gmbh. The only downside is the limitations to its use, ie having to race in the VLN or the BMW backed series or be a "customer team".

All the cars were "spoken for" before they were even planned into production, they were allocated to certain markets only, and tightly controlled as to who they ended up with. There was a lot of discussion over getting a quota for NZ, but the numbers required couldn't be made to stack up unfortunately. There will most likely be another production run at the back end of this year so you never know!

Bit of a different proposition to the M2 though, not even sure you would be able to make it road-legal in the UK? Certainly not a "daily driver" type of vehicle like the M2.