Sign in to follow this  
driftfinatic

M73 V12 manual gearbox?

Hey guys,

Ive got a m73 V12 and im looking at doing a manual swap into a 5 series. I cant seem to find anything in the search about manual conversions for this motor. I realize ecu etc make it difficult but I have a link G4 that hopefully is good enough to run it.

My question is what gearbox fits or can be adapted to fit this motor? Its mainly going to be road use but some track days eventually also.

Cheers,

Conrad

The 850i's used a 560 getrag but your chance's of finding one are pretty slim. Next option would be a 420g which is more than capable but I'm not sure if the fixed bellhousing could be adapted to the back of the V12?

I'd also heard somewhere that there had been an adapter made for the Tremec 6 speed though I cant remember where.

talk to kayne barrie motorsports he might have a spare v12 manual for sale

• Like 1

Should have brought my V12 5 series wagon ahh well. Looked into the manual swap budget $6k or so that alone. Are you looking at putting it into E34 or E39

the M73 is a different beast to the m70the m73 has the same bellhopusing bolt pattern as the M50,2,4 etc there is not a manual gearbox specificly for the m73 but i'm picking as long as the crankshaft bolt pattern is the same the 6 cylinder flywheel and the 6 speeder will fit

na m70 and m73 use same bolt pattern for the gearbox nothing like a 6cyl m50 m52 m54 etc

17 hours ago, explodingbudgie said:

the M73 is a different beast to the m70the m73 has the same bellhopusing bolt pattern as the M50,2,4 etc there is not a manual gearbox specificly for the m73 but i'm picking as long as the crankshaft bolt pattern is the same the 6 cylinder flywheel and the 6 speeder will fit

rubbish.

• Like 1