Sign in to follow this  
emandru

E36 Steering Wheel with Airbag in 95 E34?

Hi everyone, the steering wheel in my 525i e34 is looking fairly aged and I came across this wheel on TM (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/interior/auction-1035162086.htm) Does anyone know if this is a direct fit and if the airbag would still be compatible? I believe both on the e34 and e36 they were single stage airbags (please let me know if I'm wrong) but I don't know if they used the same connector. Any advice would be helpful. I'm also curious to know if the slip rings are the same. Cheers!

Edited by emandru

I think the spline count is the same but probably different slip rings. Found the same thing trying to fit an E39 wheel to my E36. If you can get the right slip ring for the wheel you should be able to adapt the E34 wiring to the E36 slip ring

Cool that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure and was hoping someone has done this before :P

yes depends on the year of the e34 ? single or twin plugs ???

you havn't put this info up

Sorry year was in the title but I didn't mention the year of the e36 wheel. My e34 is a 1995 and the steering wheel I'd like to put on is a 1998 e36 steering wheel. I believe their is only one connector to the airbag with two wires going into the plug.

Edited by emandru

if its a 95 built should be 2 plugs one for the horn one for the airbag , later e36 early e39 e38 ones will fit ok

I fitted one of the msport ones from a ti or e39 etc like this

post-279-0-04469000-1456032680_thumb.jpg