Sign in to follow this  
Hartage

E46 Touring tow bar

Am looking for a factory tow bar for the touring e46 we have just bought.

Need a few other things as well, a change of interior trim, the clip in door inserts and dash parts in anything except wood. Maybe alloys in 17" and a factory radio unit, the one in the car has a mini disk unit!?!

Thanks

Edited by Hartage

E46 Touring towbars are a little like rocking horse droppings - I have a receipt for one which was fitted to our car, but it's not there now! If you can wait (and wait) you may find one but the quick route is to go to Bestbars or a similar outfit.

You can buy one through BMW NZ, but even those are made locally.

I have a e46 touring towbar available.

It is just the towbar and its mounting bolts/washer/nuts - I don't have the trailer wiring connector.

I also have interior trim and a factory radio unit.

I think the factory unit I have is md or cassette though, but if you want cd you could buy a 6disc shuttle which sits in the boot and you control from your current head deck.

Only downside is I am in Auckland and you are in Wellington.

What year is your wagon?

Aha!! I have a full wiring kit for an e46 Touring... which could go well with the towbar above!! A proper Westphalia one, not a cheapy couple of relays, etc..

• Like 1

I'm guessing I'm a couple of the years too late but are either of these still available by chance? Or does anyone else have either they're looking to get rid of? I've got a 2000 318i e46 touring (jap import) which I'd like to put one on. 

I've still got the wiring kit for the touring in the garage cupboard somehwere, never fitted, never been out of the box.

12 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I've still got the wiring kit for the touring in the garage cupboard somehwere, never fitted, never been out of the box.

Have DM'd you, cheers

On 2/21/2016 at 9:59 PM, zero said:

I have a e46 touring towbar available.

It is just the towbar and its mounting bolts/washer/nuts - I don't have the trailer wiring connector.

I also have interior trim and a factory radio unit.

I think the factory unit I have is md or cassette though, but if you want cd you could buy a 6disc shuttle which sits in the boot and you control from your current head deck.

Only downside is I am in Auckland and you are in Wellington.

What year is your wagon?

Do you still have this towbar by any chance?

Sorry, tow bar sold