Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

'87 E28 525e all day!

Welcome to the site, nice car, great to have another E28 owner on board

Regards

Barry

• Like 2

Update!

Got the style 5's cleaned up and on the motor 8)

Now for the suspension upgrades.....

The question here is, how low do you go? Any suggestions? Or keep it stock?

Cheers!

post-53207-0-69878500-1457409560_thumb.j

post-53207-0-18373300-1457409587_thumb.j

• Like 3

hope to see you at the car show at windsor park on sunday. there will be lots ofother bmw,s to look at too.

• Like 1

Hey Rob, unfortunately I am away at a wedding this weekend......... Getting back late Sunday evening so no chance of me getting back in time for the show,

Gutted :(

Big brake upgrade completed! :D

e34 540i upgrade on all four corners, all much bigger diameter, and vented. Full flush and new fluid. Significant improvement in the braking dept.

Haven't given them a full test as yet, will give the new pads an opportunity to bed in first.

• Like 2

Nice wheels, I would love a set of those for my M535!! If you hear or see any for sale, let me know

• Like 1

Car looks good on those. What did you end up doing for suspension?

I went with Bilstein sports all around with Apex springs.  Sits nice and rides beautifully.  Very sports feel, not too harsh.  

• Like 1

Hey Ben,

Bilstein sports cost me almost $1300 with shipping and customs from turner motorsport.  Apex springs were around the $250 mark.  I also ordered new shock mounts and bump stops for $100.  

• Like 1

Nice. How is the look/ride? Pics?

Did you go about fitting the upgrades yourself?

I should take some pics, sorry being a bit busy with work.  Ride height is almost the same as with stock shocks and AP springs. The front sits a little lower and that's cos of the springs being lower in the front.  But it suits the E28 as the front fender gap is a lot larger than the rear. I also installed new bump stops in the rear. The rears are adjustable height wise.  Will definitely take lots of pics this weekend.  

The ride is actually better than stock shocks and lowering springs. It was too harsh before, now is more sports comfort. I had the ABS light come ON when I first just the springs installed, but after the shocks got upgraded the light went back OFF.  

I got the shocks installed by shockshop. They did it for $200.   My no is 0211804565, I can watsapp/viber you some pics if you like (of the car). 

Edited by Contrails