Sign in to follow this  
bekker

Another E23!

Hi guys

Anyone in Auckland know this car?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1042786286

I spoke with the seller yesterday and queried him about the price. He said he has dropped it down from $12500 recently.

Am I completely out of touch? In his own words he said he considered it a restoration project and it needed TLC.

He also said it had recently had an $11500 engine recon! $11500?? On a M30 restoration project?

Engine recon aside, I would have thought it worth around a quarter what he is asking.

Any thoughts?

He's asking reasonable 6 series money for this.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't sound dodgy and was very nice to deal with.

He also said the car will be on display at the BMW car club stand at the Brit Euro car show (in Pakuranga?) this weekend. Anyone going?

Cheers

he is dreaming, the other one is a far better spec with all the fruit, this one is a rubbish car

+1 dreaming, especially if it needs TLC

he can ask what he likes for it..You dont have to agree,or like it..There are only two people who matter in these pointless discussions.

• Like 1

he can ask what he likes for it..You dont have to agree,or like it..There are only two people who matter in these pointless discussions.

Speaking of pointless.... ^^

• Like 2

I'll be there. I'll take a look if you like.

Yes please that would be great! Cheers.

Why pointless?

Because people talking about the price of a vehicle that are not actually involved in buying have absolutely no influence on the price

Isnt talking about cars on Trademe the whole point in the "trademe discussions" section on this site? It seems you may be lost if you're in this section looking for something other than discussions about cars on TM.

It should also be said that the OP was asking for opinions on the price, to which people responded. The OP is looking to buy an E23.

• Like 1

Because people talking about the price of a vehicle that are not actually involved in buying have absolutely no influence on the price

So why are you commenting then? If you have nothing to add to the discussion move on. Unless you actually have a thought on what it might be worth.

Had a look. Milan (Beemn) is right, it's not that flash. A bit of rust is bubbling up here and there, hard to know if any is structural but certainly looks like a bit that'll need work. Interior was low spec and fairly shabby. Didn't see the engine or meet the owner. I think the asking price is too high. It might be an appreciating classic... One day, but not yet.

Had a look. Milan (Beemn) is right, it's not that flash. A bit of rust is bubbling up here and there, hard to know if any is structural but certainly looks like a bit that'll need work. Interior was low spec and fairly shabby. Didn't see the engine or meet the owner. I think the asking price is too high. It might be an appreciating classic... One day, but not yet.

thanks very much for taking a look. Good to know.

I don't mind something that needs a little work, and I really like the pre facelift E23 but at the right price!

Do you have any thoughts on what it might be worth?

Cheers.

To tell you the truth I don't know but given the resto costs I wouldn't want to pay more than $2-3k for an average one.

I hate these decisions. I love the E23 shape, especially the pre facelift and I really love the 70's interiors. But in almost every other way the E32 is the better option. I'd even suggest that an E32 is easier to maintain and somewhat more straight forward. Also parts a lot easier to get. Thing is, is that why we drive BMW's? I'm torn.

Get both! :)

• Like 1

Get both! :)

I see you have an E12 Grant. I'm super envious. They are me fav. Only want a 7 over a 5 as I need to fit the family in sometimes too.

why not this one ??

, better spec than those early cars ,

has the way better updated heater control system ,

4 spd sports auto etc

buffalo leather etc , less prone to rust etc

this spec drive really nice , I have driven a few other the years .

• Like 1

why not this one ??

, better spec than those early cars ,

has the way better updated heater control system ,

4 spd sports auto etc

buffalo leather etc , less prone to rust etc

this spec drive really nice , I have driven a few other the years .

Which one?