Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Techno Violet E36 M3

That is bloody beautiful, and really well optioned. Its a lot of money, but i think its worth it to the right person.

Electric rear vents would be ace but that's silly money he's asking IMHO. And why would he take off the pedal covers lol?

Saw this yesterday on TM, almost fell over haha. Such a beautiful example and that colour is amazing as always. Is it owned by a member?

He is asking a high price...i'd say realistically even 18k would be approaching that OP mark, but then again...it must be a very mint example and probably well worth the extra $$$ for a potential BMW M enthusiast, if i was in that position to throw money at cars...i'd be eyeing this one haha.

• Like 1

Electric rear vents would be ace but that's silly money he's asking IMHO. And why would he take off the pedal covers lol?

My E36 has them and electric rear blind. you can buy them for 7.5k =)

My E36 has them and electric rear blind. you can buy them for 7.5k =)

:) - was hoping for something a little less expensive - if the price drops closer to $2k I am looking for a new daily... ;)

lol I paid less for an e46 m3 with 20,000 less kms!

Assuming it's in good Nick (pun intended) then that's far smarter money (as long as it's manual - cheeky lol).

The owner is a member on here, one of the race series guys.

It is a great car, in exceptional condition. It's been well loved and looked after.

I have driven this car and it runs as well as it looks - amazing and in my opinion worth every cent.

Not trying to sh*t on it, I haven't seen the car. Just pointing out the opportunity cost.

M3AN - not a 3 pedal but I would say condition is top tier. I was meaning to come to the meet but was too dusty.

I'll come to the next one and you can pass judgment.

GLWS

Bang for buck, sure, you'd go E46 M3 for basically the same price. The future buyer of this car won't be after that though, they'll be wanting it for other reasons, like so it can sit in the garage and age like a nice wine.

• Like 1

Bang for buck, sure, you'd go E46 M3 for basically the same price. The future buyer of this car won't be after that though, they'll be wanting it for other reasons, like so it can sit in the garage and age like a nice wine.

+1 this. The buyer of the E36 M3 wont be looking to buy an E46 at all.

M3AN - not a 3 pedal but I would say condition is top tier. I was meaning to come to the meet but was too dusty.

You should have seen mine! Dusty and dirty. All welcome to our casual meet.

...like so it can sit in the garage and age like a nice wine.

It's the correct colour for an ageing wine, I'd grant you that, a fine Cabernet I'd say.

+1 this. The buyer of the E36 M3 wont be looking to buy an E46 at all.

Even I'm coming to terms with the fact that this is a very fine line, the E46 M3 does have a lot going for it.

I really hope it does sell for the asking price, it will be a great benchmark and will be clear evidence the the price of good ones is going up. And I think mine is a good one. I just need to finish my project list!

A good one doesn't have a project list, ever.

It's looked after and maintained, not repaired and restored.

• Like 1

A good one doesn't have a project list, ever.

It's looked after and maintained, not repaired and restored.

When a car has been in storage for 5 years it always has a project list.

And when an E36 ages it always has a project list because normal maintenance only cover 50% of the things that go wrong.

If this thing has original shocks, springs, VANOS, clutch, headliner, exterior trim, glovebox, air-con, the list goes on then it certainly has a project list. If they've all been done then sweet, but it was still a project, perhaps just a long term one.

• Like 1

Beautiful car, will sell for close to asking to the right person as one or two have said.

Techno Violet really is a gorgeous colour though right!

• Like 1

What's up with the red softop on TM? Is that the same one that was for sale a while back for 14k?

Car sold pending payment - close to asking price as well. Well worth the money, it is a minter.

• Like 1

Car is sold subject to a 'supposed expert' checking it out (perhaps it's one of you guys who seem to know so much about stuff you've never laid eyes on). Happy buyer, happy (but grieving) seller. Thanks for your support Jon and Bruce.

Edited by shuey
  • Like 2

No chips on my shoulder bud, in fact quite the opposite. Just seems to me to be a hell of a lot of people out there who think they know stuff about things they have no idea about, including a market value that can only be determined by one, well two things really. A willing buyer and a willing seller. My sale proves that I did not make any false claims in my Trade Me listing and that a genuine buyer saw my M3 for what it is.

I see you lot have moved onto a new subject now, the E30 M3 Sport EVO. If the seller thinks its worth whatever he's asking for it and he finds a willing buyer to pay that amount, then I say good luck to him.

• Like 1

No chips on my shoulder bud, in fact quite the opposite. Just seems to me to be a hell of a lot of people out there who think they know stuff about things they have no idea about, including a market value that can only be determined by one, well two things really. A willing buyer and a willing seller. My sale proves that I did not make any false claims in my Trade Me listing and that a genuine buyer saw my M3 for what it is.

Glad to hear there are no chips, I was just basing my assessment on your grumpy answers/comments in the TM auction and here in this thread. Doesn't come across very well.

To be honest I think you underestimate the knowledge of the audience here and to be fair your (ex) car has an unknown service history so you should have expected scepticism about a price no other similar car has come close to in the last few years. My drivetrain, bushes, clutch, VANOS, suspension, brakes, etc, etc have all been rebuilt or replaced and I'd still not expect to get for mine what you were asking for yours.

I am genuinely glad you found the right buyer. I hope it lives up to their expectations.

No hard feelings.

Who deleted my previous post in this thread and why?

Post #599882

Very bad form to whichever mod did that. Fess up.

Edited by M3AN