Sign in to follow this  
DS99

E36 318is MS Fiji Green

post-52365-0-31326900-1457350403.jpgpost-52365-0-61596500-1457350389.jpgpost-52365-0-83560600-1457350377.jpg

Hi All,

I've just brought a slightly damaged Genuine NZ New '97 318is MS manual in Fiji Green. Car had a small smack on the left rear guard and some marks up the left side of the car in general. Going to do a full repair and tidy up of any other bits interior and exterior including new style 32 wheels same as original then keep for myself.

Car has done 234km now and the plate before it was deregistered was WR8886.

It didn't come with any books unfortunately, does anyone know anything about the history of the car ? It was a Wellington car from what I've worked out so far. I'd love to buy original manuals + a service book and get it retro stamped by whoever did the servicing and still has computer records.

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by DS99

I remember seeing it around in Wellington a couple of years ago, the plate is familiar. Looked really tidy back then. That color certainly turns heads!

Nice car, i actually quite like that colour and a NZ new MS is a good find, good luck with the tidy up.

I remember seeing it around in Wellington a couple of years ago, the plate is familiar. Looked really tidy back then. That color certainly turns heads!

It actually had a sister car, WR8885 would you believe, same colour and spec. Shelly BMW sold them both the same day back in late December '97 by the look of it. I know the other one is still around Wellington.

I used to see if parked by CCS last year, i assume one of the BMW or CCS staff owned it?

I read somewhere when it was for sale before deregistration that it was one of a few bought in to commemorate something or other. They were various special colours and this was part of that group.

Edit, found something:

"HELLBM 05 Feb 2009

One of 16 J Clayton brought in from SA. Fully M Speced in 4 different colours named after race tracks ie. Macau, Avus,Dakkar etc.."

Edited by Toast

Like the others I have seen it around but not for a while now.

It actually had a sister car, WR8885 would you believe, same colour and spec. Shelly BMW sold them both the same day back in late December '97 by the look of it. I know the other one is still around Wellington.

WR8885 is a different car. It's auto, Boston Green, built in Germany ( MS IS's are built in SA).

BMW NZ do lots have pre reg cars hence a lot of number plates being in numerical order.

I read somewhere when it was for sale before deregistration that it was one of a few bought in to commemorate something or other. They were various special colours and this was part of that group.

Edit, found something:

"HELLBM 05 Feb 2009

One of 16 J Clayton brought in from SA. Fully M Speced in 4 different colours named after race tracks ie. Macau, Avus,Dakkar etc.."

Claytons may have sold 16 318IS MS's, but there were at least 50 of them sold new in NZ (built in South Africa).

Colours include:, Cosmos Black, Montreal Blue, Techno Violet, Dakar Yellow, Avus Blue, Fiji Green, Alpine White, Hell Red, Boston Green and Arctic Silver.

How can you tell a 318is from a 318is MS? I've got a friend who has a highly spec'd SA 98 318is (rego says MS) in avus blue. It doesn't have a black hood lining though, but did have style 32s

Edited by eliongater

How can you tell a 318is from a 318is MS? I've got a friend who has a highly spec'd SA 98 318is (rego says MS) in avus blue. It doesn't have a black hood lining though, but did have style 32s

The don't have a black headlining, it's grey, so your mates car will be one.

The don't have a black headlining, it's grey, so your mates car will be one.

Was? He m50 swapped it and sold the style 32s...