Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hyde

2008 335i cargo retractable blind

I am after a black cargo retractable blind for my 335i touring. Unfortunately my car didn't come with one and it would be really handy for me on the long trips with the family. Thanks in advance if you can help or point me the right direction.

post-53245-0-34880700-1457430893.png

Heart failure $550 2nd hand. $1380 brand new!

Is that how much they cost from a wrecker? Ouch. Pay to shop around and be patient. What gen (Exx) is your 335i?

For reference an X5 E53 parcel shelf is ~$150 and I just scored the cargo net for $70.

Were wagons (estate cars, Tourings) issued with these a standard equipment when new?

Somewhere there is a huge stockpile of covers and roller blinds for our cars, For whatever reason, they just don't seem to get left with the car when it is sold.

• Like 1

Is that how much they cost from a wrecker? Ouch. Pay to shop around and be patient. What gen (Exx) is your 335i?

For reference an X5 E53 parcel shelf is ~$150 and I just scored the cargo net for $70.

Yup that's how much it costs from a wrecker. I will be patient. Mine is an E91.

Interesting about the X5 one. I'll keep looking and making offers to those who have them

Were wagons (estate cars, Tourings) issued with these a standard equipment when new?

Somewhere there is a huge stockpile of covers and roller blinds for our cars, For whatever reason, they just don't seem to get left with the car when it is sold.

From what I understand they were issued standard. It's one of those parts you can do with out if you have to but provides some completeness to the car for those of us who are a little fastidious.

Lots of E53s out there many gone to the great wreckers yard in the Sky, not so many E91s and most still alive and well. So big difference in supply of used parts.

So many people take them out and leave then in garage then forget to put them back in...

Might be able to find one, will have a rummage.

• Like 1

If you've got junk or luggage in the back of the car these should reduce the chances of it flying around in the car if you have a prang. So from my perspective safety is a factor.... good luck with the search.

Lots of E53s out there many gone to the great wreckers yard in the Sky, not so many E91s and most still alive and well. So big difference in supply of used parts.

So many people take them out and leave then in garage then forget to put them back in...

Might be able to find one, will have a rummage.

Legend if you can!!!

If you've got junk or luggage in the back of the car these should reduce the chances of it flying around in the car if you have a prang. So from my perspective safety is a factor.... good luck with the search.

Thanks Peter. Yes I need to protect the kids!

Heart failure $550 2nd hand. $1380 brand new!

Ouch! I will look after my one then!

Can you measure the gap between the two mounting points behind the seats? I've found one, but can't see a part number anywhere on it.

Can you measure the gap between the two mounting points behind the seats? I've found one, but can't see a part number anywhere on it.

The mounting points are about 1210mm and end to end 1270mm. I've got my fingers and toes crossed!

I have begrudgingly bought one. The cheeky bugger who sold me the car held on to it and listed it on trademe. The excitement of buying a new car got to me which means I didn't check that this was missing.

^ What?? I mean if it was genuinely missing then not much you could do but if the seller was pulling a sneaky one and selling it off later for extra money thats not cool..

Geez, that is a bit rough!

As Graham said, there is a pile of these things out there in the world. Usually in the corner of someone's garage where they take them out and not put them back in when they sell the car.

Happens all the time with our fleet cars, the number of these things we go through is unbelievable.