Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Ride Height

I think the ride height at the rear is a bit low, I can't get the front any lower but I could raise the rear up to 10mm, what do you think? I have no scraping issues and speed bumps are fine.

post-51653-0-28805900-1457990431.jpg

post-51653-0-10689800-1457990674.jpg

post-51653-0-55315500-1457990691.jpg

Edited by Herbmiester

Personally I like it how you have it now.

Did you get your 8.5s on all corners?

It looks like it already has rake going by the photo, or is that just a bad angle?

I think the rear sits too low and I am going to try some 9mm spacers. I did the same on my E36 and it was a simple install.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/suspension/auction-1050739828.htm

And yes it does have 8,5's all round.

I think the rear sits too low and I am going to try some 9mm spacers. I did the same on my E36 and it was a simple install.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/suspension/auction-1050739828.htm

And yes it does have 8,5's all round.

I've been gathering information.

dk6ev2.jpg

33531094518 = 8mm

E46 325It - 5mm - 33531136385

E36 325i - 7.5mm - 33531136386

E36 325i - 10mm - 33531136387

E46 325iX - 15mm - 33531094754

I am in the same position, I fitted eibach Pro kit and the rear sits a bit low for me. Post a pic after you raise the rear.

Some of the aesthetic problem comes from the design of many European cars. The rear wheel appears to sit higher in the wheelarch at the rear than at the front, potentially leading to thoughts that the rear needs to be raised (or the front lowered). A better guide as to what is actually going on is to view the sideskirt, and how it sits in relation to the ground.

Given John's pic at the top, I'd like to see the rear wheel sit in the arch in the same way the front currently does, but I don't know enough to comment on the effect raising the rear to achieve this might have on handling.

its alo an optical illusion created by the increasing width of the skirts towards the back creating a shadow line that makes it look lower than it may appear

Edited by kiwi535

If it's anything like my E36 then that's just how they design these cars. The rear of my car has a few cm more ground clearance than the front so it still has the rake but the tyres sit roughly the same as yours in the arches.