Sign in to follow this  
21inch745

E65 745i Exhaust Mod

Hello Bimmersporters,

I have been looking through youtube at peoples 745i's with rear muffler deletes,

What I can't tell from the videos is how loud this mod actually is,

I am really tempted to go out now and grind off the rear mufflers to test it but want some more info first,

I am not after a performance boost as this is just a luxury car - I am just after some decent V8 noise :),

Cheers for any feedback,

Ben

P.S. there wasn't an exhaust section so I am posting in performance.

• Like 1

Hmm, it's probably better being standard because usually if I heard a V8 and then turn around to see an E65 it would be kinda bittersweet :P

Jokes, but yeah just remove rear mufflers and a smaller one, should give you the noise you want without cutting up the mid section / cats etc

Would probably add some nasty drone.

You could have the mufflers modified, for example if they have resonated pipes inside you can reduce the resonated sections by wrapping or replacing with straight pipe.

Or if you want to try a delete, go for it, just keep them in case you don't like the result.

Thanks for the replies,

In the end I decided to just give it a shot, It sounds REALLY nice now, slight drone down low,

Performance wise its utter crap, with no back pressure it just doesn't have the go anymore,

Can anyone recommend a muffler that will keep the sound but provide some back pressure?