Sign in to follow this  
localdevdas

335i exhaust setup

Given the system is probably made in China under contract you can probably find one for much cheaper than fleaBay

Or you can go through a reputable exhaust shop locally and have something made that will meet NZ dB requirements and made with higher quality steel by local tradesmen. Look for shops that can build MSNZ approved cages, they'll have the knowledge & skills to build what you want and get it right first time

Roll cages that comply with Motor Sport New Zealand regulations. As Ron said, that system looks cheap & flimsy - do yourself a favour and support local businesses

If it's worth doing, do it properly.

For about $10k, I'll get you a headers-back Akrapovic titanium system.

• Like 1

That's not gonna fit an E46 320 (that's what your profile says you have) :P

You can do a 'budget' exhaust mod with decent results. Google the "BMW 335i PE mod". You can modify the mufflers to match the PE exhaust and have new exhaust tips welded on.

I bought these tips based on recommendations on e90post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261640978901?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you want the burnt tip style I'm sure you can find those too.

Get an exhaust shop to do this for you. If the PE mod isn't loud enough, you can take it further and wrap/replace even more of the perforated piping.

I emailed a place in Auckland called Mighty Mufflers and they estimated this to run about $300 if they do it. I have not done it yet though.

Edited by Matth5

if you did want to source that particular exhaust, you could take them up on their free shipping to your box in Florida, and forward from there. MyUS.com and google "MyUS.com visa promotion". you should be able to get it here much cheaper than USD1600.