Sign in to follow this  
Cab

E30 M3 sport Evo 1990

Lovely car but is that a realistic price? I'm not sure.

And what type of intake manifold is that? Off-brand?

This sold for 90k about a year ago in wellington. Looked just as good. Maybe the brakes weren't so new... Not sure brakes are worth 85k though

ill ignore the huge price, but god damn that is a beauty!

Isnt the owner on here?

To me the RHD conversion devalues the car. Means a lot of non-M3 parts were used to complete it. If you're asking drug money for a car like this it needs to be completely original and unmolested. Good luck to the seller -IMO at this price you would be buying it as a very long term investment to make any sort of worthwhile return on your money.

• Like 3

at this price you would be buying it as a very long term investment to make any sort of worthwhile return on your money.

IMO, If a person is buying this as an investment at 175k I think it's a bad idea. If I had 150k-200k and I wanted to invest in cars especially, I would start at E87 1M coupe/E28/E34/E39 M5 /E46 M3 CSL.

There`s some debate online about E30 m3 RHD conversions, most of it slightly negative. One thing I read was that the engine slants away from the driver in LHD configuration, which means the driver can balance the weight distribution upfront. Could this mean that a fat bugger in a RHD E30 m3 could tip the car over at high speed ??

Could be an effective bargaining tool with the trade me vehicle , maybe the aforementioned fat bugger could lowball the car for say, $172500 ??

Having all the original parts to return it to its original condition is where the money is, that way being L/H drive again makes it desirable to world wide market.

If this is the same car that sold last year for 90k with all the left hand parts.. Then WOW

But then again it only takes one person to really want it :)

If this does sell for asking price... Then prices of standard 2.3 m3s are gonna climb too...

not realistic at all. to get that would need to be fresh off the factory floor with delivery miles, and still in LHD.

Thats a beauty of an M3...umm...probably only a foolish person will pay a ridiculous price for a car that can be bought world wide for $80k less haha

Thats a beauty of an M3...umm...probably only a foolish person will pay a ridiculous price for a car that can be bought world wide for $80k less haha

Foolish people would think you can purchase a Sport Evo for less than 80K world wide . . .

• Like 1

RHD conversion kills it in my books. Looks like adjustable Konis in the rear and OEM Sachs or low spec Bilstiens up front. Gold paint on the centres just makes it look a bit cheap to me. Given how rare an E30 M3 is in ANY spec these days I think $65-80k would be a fair spread for it, will be astounded if he gets anywhere near the asking price. That said, it is a sellers market for these cars - good luck to him!

For those that aren't in the know, there were only 600 Sport Evo's built.

These are selling for the equivalent of 200K NZD+ Worldwide.

Yes RHD, the Alpha N, and the non factory BBS RS's might hold back the price, but I wouldn't say by more than half of its value.

Early this week I posted on this forum of a Repair grade 1987 E30 M3 done 254,000kms selling for the equivalent of 44K NZD in Japan. On the road here in NZ that would cost you north of 55KNZD.

Was discussed at length last time it sold, not that long ago, from Wellington.

Definately worth a whole lot more with the original parts out back on it and the CFA, wheels, RHD, taken off.

If it has all the parts to do that, it could be worth the asking price. A good M3 SE is worth many, many times a normal M3s price.

This owner does look to be trying to make a bit of a profit on it, yes prices are climbing still, but not that fast!

Last time I looked on Pistonheads they had a Sport Evo listed for 112 thousand quid - in my opinion this one will probably end up overseas as that is where people are paying these prices.

Lots of M3s here including one listed at USD200k (NZD290k) which has sold. Obviously, no idea what price it actually sold for, but it is another example of a great drivers car that has never been driven, and at that price, is unlikely to get driven much further.

haha came here to post that. thats bloody decent money for a legit original LHD one, would be one to buy and enjoy.

• Like 1

looks well looked after considering km and year. Interior looks like its been swapped at some point... seat don't match door cards.

I noticed that as well. Should be houndstooth.

Also, the wheels have been replaced with 16's, and it has a Evo 2 front lip with and SE splitter?

Looking at the gearknob it looks like the dogleg might be MIA?

Tidy looking car though.