Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Alarm now working after Engine/Ecu Swap Appears to Have no Spark or Fu

Just finished swapping the engine in my E30, for another M20B23.

While I did do a slightly unconventional install in that I reverted from Motronic 1.3 back to Jetronic, I've gotten it to the point of turning over, but, have no spark, and I suspect no fuel.

Given that the alarm won't arm/disarm, and the remote has a fresh battery, before I get too crazy assessing the install itself, I'm wondering if anyone has any sage advice for dealing with alarms gone wrong.

It's a uniden 5 star something or other, the red status light isn't flashing, but it the main power wire is on the battery, and it did make a very slight blip sound when I first connected it back up.

There is a short black cable not connected to anything at the siren box, but I think that's the antenna.

Right so I found out why the alarm wasn't working... hadn't earthed it, then found it was in valet mode, sorted now.

But, still no fuel, and no spark.

As pictured a couple of posts below, I have 3 plugs spare, some research appears to show that one of these three pins is the tacho, not sure about the other two, but the two black ones connected to a single connector that came out of the motronic loom, and the white one on the Jetronic loom connected to a small white one under the dash.

Edited by Charlie F.

Being jetronic, does it have the 3 pin plug by the ECU plug?

You shouid be able to bypass it quite easily, most of the time they are spliced into the ignition loom under the steering column.

just join up the wires near the ignition wiring loom to bypass the alarm wires , pretty straight forward

I've got these plugs here with no friends.

Andyes bypassing alarm is probably a good option till i can get it to an auto sparky

Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Probably of relavance are the wires on the round c101 side that aren't connected.

20 - Red/yellow (don't have abs)

12 - grey (check engine indicator)

15 - black/green (unloader relay )

9 - black (engine speed input)

6 - green/white (oxy sensor relay)

14 - black/white ( speed signal to ecu)

8 - white/black (fuel rate input)

16 - white/black (diagnostic connector)

You need to connect that 3 pin one, C104. Pretty sure the green wire is ECU Power. One of the others is Tach signal.

Edited by e30ftw

You need to connect that 3 pin one, C104. Pretty sure the green wire is ECU Power. One of the others is Tach signal.

It looks like the green wire is power to the main relay.

Black wire is tacho

Yellow/white unknown as yet

Have it going now :-)