Sign in to follow this  
benpaul12

Odd running noise

Had an issue for a wee while now, after a long, higher-speed, windy drive (non-commute driving) the front left wheel/strut area of the car makes a creaking noise at lower speeds when turning right. The noise is not a metallic grinding, but like a low grind or similar to worn shock sound.

Someone at the Shock Shop end of last year looked at it, drove it, and found nothing. A recent wheel alignment hasn't solved the issue.

I never get the noise on commutes, it always seems to be on longer drives when "pulling-in" to the location. Once the car sits for an hour or overnight - doesn't replicate again until the next long drive.

Anybody got an idea on what this could be? I am going to take it in end of next month, just seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction. Seems to me as if it is when the car has to exert itself or some parts produce some heat etc.

Possibly top strut mount bearings. These are not sealed properly and can get contaminated by salt off the roads if your car is a jap import. Had this issue on a couple of E90's recently.... Give me a call Ben

• Like 1