Sign in to follow this  
qube

Damn Kyu, Back at it again with the E39 530i

That corner bit right? Its definitely on correctly as far as i could tell. It has a weird piece coming down from where the roof rail area is so the rubber isnt exactly linear? Parallel? But yea. I dont have much to compare it to since the old seal was practically non existent haha.. either way its heaps better than before. Best $60 spent on the car so far!

Yes, the corner bit but I'd also expect the entire top (horizontal) bit to be more flush, seems like it would pool water as it is.

yes. the Bentley manual should have the detail.

so what's in the boxes in the backseat, Kyu? you got a new exhaust in there waiting to go on? :)

nice looking e39, looks great.

Haha its not as bad as it looks in the photos.

Dont have a bentley manual :(

And the boxes in the back are unrelated to the car. I wish they were exhausts but thats not gonna happen until I sort out all the maintenance stuff first!

Really stoked with the car, drives really nicely - totally different to the e46 but not in a bad way. Definitely a great cruiser/daily

the part i used was one piece unlike the one in the video. the two sides and the top length was all connected and didnt have that sticky tape part either.

i dont know. you can take a look at the next meet dave :)

Nice car Kyu. Let me know if you need help with the quad tips, ive already build the set up for the ute :-)

• Like 1

That's steering wheel needs to go. Retro fit an E46 M3 with Patel shift ? Works awesome in my E39

Would you sell the wooden ones?

I need the passenger side at least.

Let me know. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

love the wheels on this, Kyu. What are they?

looks real good!

I reckon that wheel is sweet. I wouldn't bother upgrading. You should refurb with the lux flakes method.

I would remove the m badge, take off the tow bar and replace the grille with silver or gloss black.

I do like the E46 steering wheel too but Im happy with what it currently has and its in really good condition.

going to remove the m badge on the back just need to save up so I can get the car detailed at OCD after it all :D

towbar will stay as a bit of protection against rear end accidents and to ensure people dont nudge me while parallel parking.

I do want gloss black grilles too but plastidip is just so much easier and I dont have the time or patience to do a proper paint job on it atm

looks real good!

I reckon that wheel is sweet. I wouldn't bother upgrading. You should refurb with the lux flakes method.

what's the Lux Flakes refurb method for steering wheels?

It's not my method, search on here and you may find the thread.

Essentially use melted LUX soap flakes and a cloth to clean the leather.

It (temporarily) brings the leather back to that awesome matte finish.

Fair enough with the tow bar, I feel you - maybe dip that black? Grills are cheap as chips though...

• Like 1

ok, thanks for that.